July 1928

"Daaaaaaaddyyyyy!" Sybbie cried, still pulling George.

"Mommy!" George wailed, overtired and upset.

Tom and Mary came out of their rooms, and scooped their children up delicately.

"Oh, papa! Auntie Edith is gone! And she took Mari!" Sybbie sobbed, burying her neck into his shoulder.

"She left!?" Mary gasped, caressing George's blonde hair.

Mary felt lost. She hated her sister since they were only little. Edith had always gotten more attention, leaving Mary stubborn and short tempered. Then, when Sybil came along, neither were even acknowledged. They both turned their backs on each other, and it happened to stick with them.

But now, her sister was gone, and all the love and compassion she never knew she had towards Edith, came flooding back.

"Tom, put Sybbie and George back to bed. Tell the nanny they were thirsty, and make sure she doesn't scold them. I'll wake papa, and we can go search." Mary explained, knowing the nanny would have the two sleepy children buried to their noses in trouble if she didn't make an excuse.

Tom nodded, and took a sound asleep George into his arms. Sybbie staggered behind him, dozing away into a slumber.

---------------------------------------------

The whole family searched. They went to the Drewe's farm, all over the village, and everywhere in between. They didn't get back to Downton until eight in the morning.

Sybbie ran into the grand hall, hoping Marigold would be there. No such luck.

"We'll go searching again at noon, darling." Tom explained tiredly.

"May I come? Please?" She begged.

"If it makes her feel any better, then she can come." Cora said solemnly.

A faint smile appeared on her face.

"Thank you Grandmama." She whispered.

"Now, I suggest we all get some rest, and meet back down here in 4 hours. Sybbie, you can have your breakfast with George downstairs. I know you've both been wanting to, and the nanny could use a rest. Alright?" Lord Grantham explained.

They all nodded. Sybbie found George and walked down the steep stairs carefully. Her patent black leather shoes tapped the cement lightly. George, on the other hand, clomped down the stairs, laughing.

"I sound like an elephant!" He said.

"And I'm a rabbit." Sybbie smiled to herself.

"Why a rabbit?"

"Marigolds favourite animal is a rabbit." She said simply.

They entered the servants hall, where Anna, Mr Bates, Mr Carson, and Mr Moseley sat. Sybbie knocked on the door. They all stood.

"Wow.." George breathed, completely mesmerized.

"Can we help, Master George?" Carson asked politely.

Sybbie sighed. Why was it that when she knocked, he was asked? It was her question.

"Grandpapa said we can eat down here." He said.

Sybbie stepped on his foot.

"Ow!" He cried, "what was that for!?"

"George," Sybbie scolded, "that was not using your manners!" She turned to face them. "What he meant to say was, Donk sent us down to have breakfast with you. He said the nanny could rest her feet for a few moments. We'll only stay if it isn't an inconvenience to Mrs Patmore." She said sophisticatedly.

Carson smiled at the bright girl.

"I'm sure Mrs Patmore can make something quickly. Please, have a seat. What would you fancy?" He asked.

"Could I have some toast with jelly, please?" She asked.

"Certainly. And for you, Master George?"

"Scrambled eggs?" He asked.

Sybbie nudged his arm.

"Please?" He quickly added.

"Of course. Would you like anything to drink?" Carson continued.

"I'd like some milk," George said, "please."

Carson smiled.

"Do you think The nanny would get cross if I had some tea? She won't let me. She sad it's not meant for little girls, but I really like it." Sybbie explained.

"I'm sure we can let it slip this time." Carson smiled.

"Oh, thank you Mr Carson!"

---------------------------------------------

4 months later

Marigold and Edith hadn't come back. Sybbie missed them dearly. She counted all the things they hadn't been there for.

The trip to York, Edith's birthday, Roberts birthday, Sybbie's first time riding a bicycle, The fair, and the garden party.

The door opened.

"Hello, papa? Are you back from Rippen?" Sybbie called out, not turning around.

The familiar clunk!, of heels sounded down the hallway. Sybbie cocked her head, confused. Her father didn't wear heels, surely!

"Hello?" A small, sweet voice called.

"Yes, hello? Who's come?" Sybbie said cautiously.

"I've come, silly!" The voice said again, now closer to her.

Sybbie could now hear two pairs of feet. One pair was moving faster than the other. She jumped up, smoothing her blue dress. She knew that voice. She knew it to well.

Marigold.