April 1940

Hello everyone! Quick important update before you get into the chapter. I'm so sorry for not updating, I've been on holiday, and I've had writers block. I'm going to finish this book with this chapter, but start a sequel about Lily's life! I've got soooo many ideas, including the war that occurred in the 1940's. Please stay tuned for that book, I've been working on it & I'll be publishing on here very soon. Thanks everyone!

Xx Emma xX

XxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXx

*Time jump*

"Mummy! Mummy!" Lily cried happily.

Sybbie looked up from the desk in the sitting room and smiled. She set down her pen and turned around, holding out her arms. The nanny had brought Lily in.

"Hello darling, come to mummy." Sybbie smiled.

Lily unclasped her hand from the nanny's and ran over to her mother. Sybbie caught her in her arms and swung her around.

"How is my big girl?" Sybbie asked.

"I'm four in 'tober." She giggled.

"October, darling. And that's ages away! It's only April." Sybbie smiled, tickling her stomach.

Lily and Sybbie were mid tickle fight when Carson interrupted.

"I'm sorry milady, but you have a visitor." He spoke.

"Yes, thank you." Sybbie said, standing up.

Lily sat content on the floor with her doll. Mason walked in.

"Oh! Hello Mason, what a pleasant surprise. What brings you here?" Sybbie asked.

Lily looked up.

"Daddy!!" She cried happily, running over to him.

"Hello my girl! I've just seen you, have you forgotten? We had tea and biscuits for breakfast, and then I pushed you on the swing outside! Then you played with Clara in the gardens and I brought you back here." He chuckled.

"Oh yes." She said, sitting in her fathers lap.

"What brings you here?" Sybbie asked.

Mason's face hardened.

"Mason, is everything quite alright?"

"Um, no. Lily baby, why don't you go see what nanny is doing?" He told her.

"But daddy," She whined.

"I bet you nanny is getting your teddies." He laughed.

"Yay!" She cried, running into the hall.

"Mason, please tell me what's the matter. Your worrying me." Sybbie said, concerned.

"It's to do with the war and Hitler." He mumbled quietly.

"Uck," Sybbie said, revolted, "I don't want to hear anything about that horrid man."

"Sybbie, this is serious. It's about me and Lily."

"What!?"

"I never told you, because I didn't think it anything special," He sighed, nearly in tears, "I'm Jewish. Which means Lily is Jewish too."