March 1933

"Stupid!"

"Dumb!"

"Flaky!"

"Cotton tailed ninny head!"

"Cotton tailed ninny head? What on earth is a cotton tailed ninny head!?"

Sybbie and Marigold were fighting again. They fought about everything, everyday.

11 year old Marigold thought she was the best. Edith spoilt her, drowning her in frilly frocks, shiny shoes, and beautiful hair bows. Of course Tom spoilt Sybbie too, but nearly as much as Edith did with Marigold. Sybbie received the odd dress, but much preferred model aeroplanes she could put together with Mason, George and Charlotte. Charlotte adored aeroplanes and soldiers, much like Sybbie.

"Girls! Stop this at once!" Edith exclaimed.

Marigold put on her show.

"Oh mummy! Sybbie has started this, she's a nasty girl! Scold her!" Marigold had fake tears running down her cheeks.

"I have not! You took my special picture and won't show me where it is!" Sybbie retorted.

"What special picture?" Edith asked.

"My picture of mama." Sybbie whispered.

"Marigold!" Edith exclaimed.

"What? It's just a picture of a woman."

"It's Sybbie's mother! You'll give it back right this instant!" Edith raged, "And then your to bathe, dress in your nightgown, and go to bed!"

"Mummy! It's not even 5 o'clock yet!" She cried.

"You'll do it without a fuss."

Marigold had real tears running down her cheeks now. She stomped over to her bed, yanked off her quilt, grabbed the picture, which was now crumpled, and threw it at Sybbie.

Sybbie quickly picked it up and held it close to her heart. This wasn't fair.

XxXxXxXxXx

Thank you all for 2.04k reads! You're all super! Xx Emma xX