August 1924

4 year old Sybbie Branson jumped up from the carpet in the nursery when her aunt Mary walked through the doors.

"Aunt Mary!" She cried happily. She ran into her arms and smiled.

"Hasn't the nanny dressed you yet?" Mary asked.

"No." Sybbie answered simply.

Mary sighed and went to the shelves. she pulled out a dress and undershirt. Sybbie caught on and tried to help. She took some white tights and black shoes out.

"Thank you darling." Mary praised.

Mary undressed the child and brushed out her tangly dark brown hair. She pinned it back with a clip.

After what seemed like ages, the nanny walked back in the room with Marigold on her hip and George grasping get hand. She looked surprised to see Mary.

"Oh! M'lady! May I be of any assistance to you?" She asked.

"Not anymore," Mary grumbled. "Wy did you leave a child on her own? But took the others with you?"

"I asked Miss Sybbie if she'd be alright by herself for a split second while I took the others down to collect their breakfast." She spoke quickly.

"Well, it was not alright. You must not leave a 4 year old alone, undressed and unfed, while you tend to the others, who are fully washed, fed, and ready for the day." Mary scolded.

The nanny bowed her head down.

"I am dreadfully sorry M'lady." She whispered.

"Good. Don't ever let it happen again."