March 1931

Sybbie was determined to attend school in the village. She wouldn't mind if was even for a few days, or even a week. She wanted to experience what normal children did.

"How ridiculous!" Lord Grantham exclaimed.

"Absolutely not!" Edith said.

"I think that is just stupid." Marigold smirked, mocking the poor girl.

"Well, I think it sounds like a grand idea! Could I go too?" George piped in.

"George!" Mary said in frustration.

"Stop it! I only want to go because I want to be treated like a normal child! I don't want to be treated like I'm a fine piece of China! I want to sit in a school room, write in my own booklet, play outside with other children, and have fun without having a nanny hanging over me!" Sybbie yelled in obvious distress.

Everyone stared at her, not knowing what to say. George thumped her on the back proudly.

"Good for you, Sybbie! I say we both go." George said protectively.

"Let her go." Tom said quietly from the corner. "She's my daughter, and I say she can go. Sybil would be proud."

Sybbie smiled.

"Oh, Aunt Mary, could George come? Please?" Sybbie begged.

"I give up!" Mary exclaimed, throwing her arms up in the air. "George, if you wish."

"Yes!" The two children cried out happily.

Finally, Sybbie was getting what she wanted. Freedom.
XxXxXxXxXx

Hey! I hope your enjoying this so far! I have a huuuuuggggeeee plot twist for a future chapter, but I'm not sure wether to add it soon or wait a little longer. Any suggestions?? Also, a shoutout to SaskatFishcakes For being my most active reader + follower! She's so sweet and writes the best fanfictions! Get on over to her account and follow her! Xx Emma xX