July 1930

George kicked the football as hard as he could down the beach. It rolled much past Sybbie and into the water.

"George!" Sybbie groaned, running down to the waves.

She kicked her shoes off, and made her way slowly into the sparkling, cold, water. She leaned down, her white dress dampening, to pick it up. As she stood, she knocked into a village child and stumbled backwards. She lost her balance, and plopped down completely, becoming soaked.

"Hey!" She cried.

"I'm dreadfully sorry miss! Here, let me help you up." He spoke sheepishly, pulling her up.

"It's all ruined now! Oh, forget that, it was just an old dress. What's your name?" Sybbie rambled.

"I'm Mason, miss. And you are?" He asked politely, bowing his head slightly.

"I am Miss Sybil Branson. I don't like my title, though. You can call me what the rest of my family does. Sybbie." She explained.

"How beautiful." He said kindly.

Sybbie flushed a deep red and smiled.

"Would you like to come play football with my cousin George and I?" She asked.

"Could I?" He said hopefully.

"George wouldn't mind. The nanny will scold me for being wet and dirty, but she'll just have to accept it." Sybbie said.

"I think you look fine even if your all mucky." He complimented.

Sybbie's heart fluttered, as if there were a million butterflies flying all over the place. Her chest felt tangled, and she was smiling uncontrollably. She had seen her Aunt Mary do this before with men.

Was Sybbie in love?

XxXxXxXxXx

Guys!!!! 1.03K reads!! Thank you all soooooooo much! You're all so amazing!