Chapter 16 ~ Magical

"Uh Lorenzo where are you taking me?" I laugh as he holds my hand guiding me through the night.

"Don't worry we're nearly there". He says smiling as he half-turns looking at me.

We enter a darkly lit alley that gives me an anxious feeling, "If you wanted to kill me, you didn't have to go all out!" I joke.

He laughs, "Be patient".

At the end of the alley there is a secret door that is well-hidden behind some cardboard boxes.

Lorenzo swiftly pushes aside the boxes as we enter. From the outside it looks like an abandoned alley, but inside. My, oh my! It was a beauty.

The inside was decorated with ornate furnishings. From the jewelled table and chairs to the exquisite lights that illuminated the whole room. There was also a grand set of stairs in the middle which led up to a balcony that overlooked the beautiful scenery.

"L-Lorenzo what's all this?"

"Surprise! He says happily, do you like it?"

"I love it, but you didn't have-" he cuts me off with a brief kiss on my lips.

"Sshh, I wanted it to be special." He says looking deep into my eyes.

"It's amazing, thank you!" I say as I squeeze his hand and kiss him on the lips. He returns the kiss before breaking it abruptly.

"As much as I want to rip that dress off you and bend you over the table, I've got something special planned, okay!" He says as he looks at me seriously.

I blush crimson as he smirks,
"Maybe later!" I wink as I run to the large table in the centre of the room pulling him with me.

~

The evening passed with Lorenzo and I getting to know each other. From hobbies, to family, to life in the past and even some personal stuff. We had spoken on certain occasions but I had learnt a lot about Lorenzo in the short period of time we spent together. We had surprisingly a lot in common and I felt much more closer to Lorenzo than I had a few weeks ago.

Turns out he wasn't as bad as he seemed, yes he was cocky, arrogant and egotistical but beneath his exterior there was a soft man that I think many never saw. I felt lucky that he had shared that with me.

A slow song starts to play as we finish our main course.

I jump up instantly, of course, wanting to dance,
"Come!" I say as I hold my hand out.

Lorenzo takes my hand and follows me. We waltz to the song, his hands holding my waist as he leans into my neck. My arms snake around him leaning into his chest. His minty breath tickles my neck and I momentarily shiver. I can smell his woody scent that radiates off of him. A mixture of sandalwood and jasmine. Inhaling it I fall into a state of euphoria.

As the song comes to an end, Lorenzo looks into my eyes as he slowly nears my lips. They are merely inches away.

"Celeste this has been incredible, thank you!" He whispers huskily.

"The day is not over yet!" I say as I brush my lips against his, then run up the huge staircase and exit out the embellished double doors at the end.

I open them not expecting the most scenic view I've ever seen. The sun is beginning to set, the blue of the sky has disappeared, instead replaced with streaks of pink and orange like a painters canvas.