Chapter 11 ~ The Deal

Today was a new day. Although yesterday was fun and had its perks, the end of the day seemed to end abruptly and I wish it hadn't.

Last night Lorenzo had dropped me off home and left without a word. Not even a 'goodbye', or a 'goodnight bella'. To be honest I was expecting more but he seemed to have a lot on his plate. I just hope he would be more friendly today.

~

I was feeling much better from my little scare the other day so decided to go into work bright and early. It was only 11 o'clock so the bar would be empty. I dressed in a simple black polka dot dress with a low v-neckline.

Upon arriving I see Luca and Lorenzo talking amongst themselves in hushed voices

Upon arriving I see Luca and Lorenzo talking amongst themselves in hushed voices. I make my presence aware with a loud greeting.

"I'm back bitches!"

Lorenzo and Luca look at me as if I am crazy. What, it's not my fault they woke up on the wrong side of bed today. Clearly they don't know what fun is.

"Celeste! Luca hugs me. It hasn't been the same without you".

"I wasn't gone that long". I laugh.

"You feeling better?" Lorenzo says.

"Yeah, thanks. So what's the plan for today?"

"Well... today Lorenzo's looking to strike a deal with the biggest pharmaceutical company in America". Luca says expecting me to understand what he is talking about.

"It's nothing much". Lorenzo says trying not to make a fuss. Luca just rolls his eyes.

"The bars going to be in full swing today so we're gonna need all hands on deck". Luca says with seriousness.

"Lets do it". I say enthusiastically.

~

A few hours later

After a while, the rest of the employees flood in each being designated a task to complete. This is Lorenzo's most important deal, nothing can go wrong. One flaw could destroy the whole deal, I have no idea what the pharmaceutical company even is, but it sounds dangerous.

I recount the bottles of liquor and finish setting up the bar, as locals start flooding in. Jake the bartender quickly takes his space and serves up the waiting customers, effortlessly filling cups and preparing shots. He gives me a nod confirming that he has everything under control so I take this as my cue to dress up for the night.

I wear a black strapless leather bodycon dress that accentuates my curves.