Chapter 7 ~ Who is she?

Finally, it was the day. It was the day I started afresh and forgot the past. I couldn't be more excited as I jumped out of bed with a spring in my step.

The time was 10:30am - which meant I could be there for 11ish, not too early for a bar which I loved because I could stay in. I quickly showered before I dressed into a skirt and an off the shoulder top.

After eating a breakfast fit for champions I was ready to go, energy surging through me. Strangely I wasn't nervous, usually I would be but I had a good feeling about this job. I could only hope this feeling wouldn't disappear as the day progressed.

~

Leia and I decided to go to Lucky's together. As we walked on the sidewalk I couldn't help but feel exposed as my long bare legs were on display. Sure I had a coat on but it was the stares that I got from the men nearby that made my skin crawl. I could tell Leia felt the same as she hugged her coat around her tighter.

"Ugh look at all these men." She said annoyingly.

"Tell me about it." I said in disgust.

"Lets just hope this job is worth it."

"Yeah it better be." I joked.

We walked and we talked until we arrived at our destination. Time had passed quickly as we had already made the journey here in a matter of minutes and I felt refreshed as I was about to begin my new job.

Outside the bar was decorated with neon lights although you couldn't really tell as it was only midday. The sign ready Lucky's in green with a clover at the end.

As we entered the bar, the lights were dimmed with a reddish tint to them that made the bar all the more mysterious.

It was furnished with austere bar tops and stools and there was a stage with a pole which I assumed was a source of entertainment. Stripping to be specific. The grand space led to a doorway at the end which seemed private, this must have been the main area whereas the other area may have been closed off and only reserved for special people.

I took in all the austerity before I was met with a handsome man that looked to be in his mid-twenties. He had sandy-coloured hair slicked to the side with serpent like eyes and a rugged beard to complete his gorgeous face.

"Mr Santoro." He said with an outstretched hand. "You must be Miss Rosa and Miss Rae. Am I right?"

I had never seen Mr Santoro in real life, I had only heard his voice on the phone but he was a sight for the eyes.

"Yes sir." I replied returning his gesture as Leia did the same. He gave of a sense of authority and seemed like the type you didn't want to mess with.

"How are you girls, excited to start working?" He said as he pulled out two stools motioning for us to sit. We both watched as he went to the opposite side preparing a drink.

"Would you like a drink ladies?"

"No thank you." We replied as he poured himself a whiskey and joined us on the nearest stool.

"It's a bit early to be drinking isn't it Mr Santoro." Leia spoke confidently.

"Just a rough day." Mr Santoro replied.

"Is that so?, wanna talk about it, we're good listeners." Leia said as she touched his arm. He stared at her quizzically as the air was filled with an awkward silence before I quickly changed the subject.

"So, what exactly will we be doing?"

"Mainly you will be serving drinks to guests around the bar. You may also have to dance only if you are comfortable though. Sometimes you will be asked to serve the private lounges. Is that a problem?"