Chapter 8 ~ The Lions Den

"Where are you taking me?" I asked as I followed Luca through a dimly lit corridor.

It was so dull and dingy that I got goosebumps and a wave of nausea hit me. This place gave me the chills, I just wanted to get out.

"The boss" he replied bluntly. Lucas seemed annoyed, I assumed the boss was probably someone who you didn't want to mess with. Guess only time would tell.

The long corridor seemed never-ending, the silence was deafening as I wondered why the boss wanted to suddenly see me.

"Penny for your thoughts?" Luca said snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Nothing really, I can't just help but wonder why the boss might want to see me." I stated nervously.

"It's probably nothing, maybe just to welcome you, he's not all that bad you know." Luca says looking at me.

"What do you mean?" I asked curiously.

"He's not what they say he is." He said simply as we reached the bosses office.

He knocked confidently as a deep voice replied with,
"Come in".

"You ready?" Luca said facing me.

I took a deep breath and nodded in agreement as we entered. I didn't know what to expect but I was about to find out.

On the outside, the office seemed like a basic, old room but inside it was completely transformed with it's all black interior and sleek furniture.

There was a huge window at the back that overlooked the entire city. I was in awe, it was beautiful and it reminded me of the mysterious man I had met a while ago. Oh how I missed him.

Snapping back to reality, my attention focused on the huge swivel chair that was faced toward the window which left us with the view of the back of the chair.

"È questa la ragazza?." The man spoke from behind the chair.
Translation: Is this the girl?

"Si, proprio come ti piacciono, eh." Luca said as he laughed.
Translation: Yes, just how you like them, eh?

"Mi divertirò un po, lasciaci."
Translation: I'll have some fun, leave us.

Luca mouthed a good luck before leaving me alone with the man.

I didn't understand what they were saying and I was left confused as the man in the chair cleared his throat.

"Celeste de la Rosa, is it?"

"Yes sir." I replied nervously, the mans added unknown identity made him more threatening.

I felt vulnerable in his presence and with Luca gone I was more helpless than ever.

"Your new here, si?"

"Yes, is there a reason why I am here?" I questioned bravely. I didn't mean to sound rude but I assume I sounded so.

"Feisty!" He says as he spins around in his chair with a smirk on his face.

He looks exactly like the mysterious man. It can't be, right? No I must be dreaming. I am interrupted as the man licks his lips. Damn, he looks good but why does he look so much like the stranger.

"Are you done, bella?"

Bella. I've only heard the word 'bella' from one person and one person only. Is he the man? He's my boss too? No. No. No. Before I figure out a solution for the array of thoughts in my head, the room starts to spin. The last thing I see before I become unconscious is the bosses sharp features as his expression is masked with worry.

"Bella". He whispers so quietly as he cups my cheek.

~

A/N: Hey, hope everyone is okay, hope you enjoyed this chapter. Ik it's short but I didn't want it to be too long. Can't wait for this story to progress, I've got some surprises planned. Thank you for reading this story, I love y'all ❤️. Your support is amazing and I truly appreciate it. 😘 ~Tee