Chapter 5 ~ Always and forever

I awoke to the sun setting and a loud Leia snoring. I had fallen asleep for a while and in that time Leia must have got exhausted and dozed off. Her head was resting on my shoulder, her peaceful expression making me smile.

Careful not to make any sudden movements as to wake her, I placed her head on my lap so she was more comfortable. It was getting dark and she still hadn't woken, we would have to make a move soon.

I checked my phone, the screen read 08:00pm.

"Rise and shine Laï, Laï!" I shook her.

She jerked awake as she looked at me with wide eyes.

"Oh my days Cee, I was sleeping" she whined.

"Sorry, we really need to get home" I laughed as she stared at me with her death-stare.

"Let's go" I said.

We walked out of the wheat field arms linked together as the sky became dark, with hues of orange and yellow, behind us.

~

When we arrived to my apartment, we both slumped onto the couch letting out a sigh.

A lot had happened recently and me getting fired was the icing on the cake. Suddenly my phone rang, interrupting my thoughts. I looked at the caller name which was an unknown number. The call may be important so I decided to pick up.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Good evening Miss Rosa, I am informing you that the rent for this month has not been paid neither has the previous month."

Oh shit, I had totally forgotten to pay the rent, I had been reminded last month too, how embarrassing.

"I will get it all to you soon, I am so sorry I just need a few days to get it all together."

" I am sorry Miss Rosa but that it is not enough. The rent is overdue and needs to be paid. If this continues we will have no other choice but to evict you. Hopefully we will not come to that conclusion. Please pay the remaining rent before the due date or you will have 3 days to pack your belongings and move elsewhere. Have a good evening Miss."

And with that he hung up. I wanted to crawl into a hole and disappear.

"Ughhhhh" I let out a frustrated scream.

"What's wrong?" Leia asked.

"I haven't paid the rent for the past 2 months and if I don't pay it soon I'm going to be evicted." I cried out.

Tears started to fall from my eyes as Leia wrapped her arms around me and I hugged my knees to myself.

"Babe it's okay, I'll pay it for you, what are friends for?"

"No" I replied, "I could never ask you for a favour this big Leia."

"Babe honestly I've got you, when sh*t gets hard I'll always be here just like you will always be here for me, isn't that right?"

As Leia said these words, more tears just seemed to pour out, we had been best friends for 3 years and we seemed to get through everything together but this was different, we had connected in a more emotional way than ever. I loved her, she was my best friend, sister, and dramatic mom all in one.

"Always and forever." I said through tears as I showed her the ring she had gotten for me a while back.

We had both gotten rings to symbolise our friendship, mine read: Always, and hers read: Forever. She smiled knowingly and brought her ring against mine so they touched.

"Always and forever." She said.

"Okay enough of that." She said as she wiped my tears away. "Let's get some beers and look for new jobs for ma gurrl."

"Yessss." I laughed.

"That's my girl, come on." She said as she passed me a beer.

~

While the night wore away me and Leia stayed up looking for jobs for the both of us. We applied to many different ones, many consisted of waitress jobs like our previous one, some consisted of baby-sitting and coffee baristas. We decided to look for a few more just as backup before we called it a night.

One that caught my attention was a bar that was hiring called Lucky's. Intrigued, I told Leia to apply for us. I personally had never worked in a bar but how hard could it be right. With that we headed to bed looking forward to what tomorrow would bring.

I could only wish that it would be a miracle...

~

A/N: Sorry for the short chapter, I felt like whatever happens next would be too cramped into this chapter so I've created a separate chapter for that so this one isn't as long. Thank you so, so much for reading this story, you don't know how much it means to me and I will be forever grateful. You know what to do vote and comment! Love y'all 💕.