Chapter 10 ~ Back to Business

With Lorenzo's sudden departure, I was left alone in his huge house. I decided to wander the corridors, making my way down the familiar staircase as I descended onto the ground floor.

The floors seemed to be made up of ten or more rooms. I didn't bother snooping because it got me nowhere last time. I assumed they were for guests anyway, he must of had a huge family. I was starving since I had regained consciousness so I decided to raid the kitchen but of course me being me got lost on the way there.

The ground floor was enormous, the staircase was situated in the middle leading up to each floor with a view that overlooked everything.

There was an opening on each side that were held up by pillars, the white gloss seemed to shine as the light not only provided by the chandelier but also spotlights reflected the surfaces. It was gorgeous and probably pricey too. After all wealth comes at a very expensive price.

I decided to try my luck by walking towards the right

I decided to try my luck by walking towards the right. This side had a few individual rooms all of a large size, the middle one seemed to be bigger in size than the others with a double set of doors. That had to be the kitchen right? I tried the one on the furthest side as my curiosity got the better of me. Turning the knob, I was met with an office furnished with plush grey sofas and a desk. It was sparsely furnished so it probably was a room for private matters. It didn't seem very relevant so I returned on my search.

The next room I tried was the room across from the office, it turned out to be a laundry room, quite fancy for one if you ask me. It had three washing machines and dryers and built in drawers with LED mirrors. Extravagant much!

Finally I decided to try the room sitting in the middle. I pushed open the double doors revealing the motherfu*kin kitchen. Damn, words could not do it justice, The counters were a glossy marble with gold hints, two islands ran down the middle, with silver stools that matched the appliances. To finish off the room, a signature chandelier hung on the middle, not as fancy as the others but one which gave the vibe 'don't mess with me'.

Carefully, not wanting to ruin the beauty surrounding me (I don't know how I could even do that) I opened the fridge searching its contents

Carefully, not wanting to ruin the beauty surrounding me (I don't know how I could even do that) I opened the fridge searching its contents. I found some left over Fettucine Alfredo so heated it up and devoured it. It was so good, pure bliss, I was in Heaven.