Chapter 24 ~ In Her Arms

Lorenzo's POV

Earlier...

The day of the ball had finally arrived, and I was dreading it. Not only did I fail to invite a plus one but also my experience in Spain had started off pretty bad. You could say my expectations were very low. There was no hope in finding Celeste and damn did I miss her like crazy. She was my feisty little fireball and her presence had had some kind of effect on me. She was the first girl that I had experienced feelings for and had actually had the courage to act upon them. I may have had a funny way of showing it but I loved her. I still do. That is why I am so set on finding her. What other place than Spain to run away to? After all her family does live here. I would start with the ball and hopefully I would finish there too.

~

I take my time showering, the stress of recent events clouding my mind. But the one thought that keeps emerging is the fact that Celeste feels so far away and there's a chance she may be gone forever. But there is a little hope in me that she's closer than I think she is.

I wrap a towel around my waist as I exit the bathroom, and begin to pick out my suit for the ball. I decide on a classic black and white tux completed with a bow tie. Before I dress I quickly call Luca, he picks up on the second ring.

"What's up?"

"Can't I just check up on you?"

"No Enzo, you can't." He laughs deeply. "Your never this nice. What's the catch?"

"Well... have you spoken to Leia?"

"Yeah, I spoke to her earlier. Why?"

"Did she mention anything about Celeste."

"No. Just that she'll meet me at the ball."

"Dammnit. Where could Celeste have possibly gone?"

"Maybe she'll turn up at the ball. You'll never know if you don't try bro."

"Yeah maybe. Are mum and dad going to make it to the ball?"

"Yeah they'll arrive a bit later. You ready to go,
I'll call the limo around."

"Yeah, I'll be out in five."

"Meet you there."

"Yeah."

Before I leave, I quickly call Adelina. She picks up almost straight away.

"Hello Mr Santoro. Is everything okay?"

"Yes everything's fine. Could I ask you for a big favour?"

"Of course Mr Santoro. What is it?"

"Would you like to accompany me to the ball."

"The ball in Spain?"

"Yes, I know it's very short notice but you can meet me there."

"I would love to but I don't have anything to wear."

"I'll have Arthur take you to the mall. Use my credit card and buy whatever you need."

"But Sir I can't use your credit card."

"Of course you can, I owe you for accepting this favour on such short notice."

"It's no problem at all Mr Santoro."

"Call me Lorenzo, your part of the family Adelina."

"Thank you Lorenzo. I'll be there as soon as I can."

"Take your time, I'll see you there."

~

The car ride is filled with awkward silence and heavy tension hanging in the air as we slowly make our way to the ball. I can't help but wonder if Celeste has walked these streets, whether she drowned her sorrows at the bar we just passed or whether she's out there with another man. All the questions come at once and it all feels like too much.