Chapter Four (Ashley):

Nothing could prepare me for a phone call from The Pentagon.

I started the day off like normal at Ashear. Everything was uneventful until two in the afternoon when Callisto sent a call to my desk phone. It was my commanding officer, United States Air Force Colonel James P. Hatton. He was quite grim when I picked up, which meant only one thing.

"Captain Asha," he began, "I have some orders to give you."

"You are going to the Quorit Galaxy to assist Ashan in defending their assets from the threat of New Generia. President Romida Guitierrez has selected you to command a support unit for the 295th Aerospace Defense Battalion."

"United States Space Force? Why me? I'm Air Force."

"President Guitierrez has full confidence that placing you in command of this support unit will strengthen our alliance with Ashan. There are already one-hundred and thirty-two countries throughout Earth sending their people."

I was speechless as Callisto slipped in to see if I was okay.

"Any more questions?"

Looking her straight in the eye, I answered him. "Yes Sir. What is my date to report?"

"Thursday, October 8," he answered. "President Guitierrez wants to give you some time as travel into the Quorit Galaxy will be a grueling task and at least five exception to policy letters by General Stanford."

"Yes Sir."

"Anything else?"

"No Sir. "I'm done with my questions."

As soon as I hung up, I fell back into my seat. Callisto ran over to me and gave me a hug. It was the craziest moment of my life, because I was just told they need me on the front lines. Instead of mingling, listening, speaking, planning, and doing, I was going out there to face the biggest threat in this universe. General Mulox and Lexor Zurlack and their new planetary colony, New Generia.

The thought of it all daunted me. But not as much as the lack of Lei in the True Knights. Unfortunately, this was it. I had just been ordered to deploy.

"Everything will be okay," Callisto softly told me. "I'll be here waiting for you to come back."

"I have a feeling I'll be gone for more than a year," I told her. Tears now beginning to form. "Now I see why you left the Ashanian Space Force."

Callisto wanted to be with me. she went through so many hurdles and even joined the True Knights when I was kidnapped by Hades. Unfortunately.

"I left because I wanted to explore life outside my royal duties. On average, the Fujia family serves for eight years. I served for ten. Some were sent out on missions. Not all, but some. Everything will be okay."

We spent nearly an hour like this. Discussing what to do next.

The next person to find out was Vesta. She now headed the technical department since the previous head retired. She was the first one to walk in on an empty lobby and walk up to Callisto's desktop phone.

I was the one to pick up. Holding back emotion the best I could, I answered for her. "Yes?"

"It's me," my sister began. "Vesta. Where's Callisto?"

"She's over here with me."

Vesta's voice perked up a little as though she walked in on something she shouldn't have. "Oh. Um...if you need me to come back later-"

"Come in," Callisto cut her off. "It's better if you do."

I pressed the button to open the double doors into my office. Vesta was there, dressed for work with her long blond hair in a ponytail and in a gray pantsuit. A look of concern appeared on her face at the sight of me. As Callisto drew away, she picked up on what was going on.