Chapter Twenty-Five (Ashley):

The events of December 27, 2043, left me in a state of shock. Me being captured while on deployment was one thing, but to be one of the last to learn that a tragedy had occurred at a venue my record label held was way worse. From where I sat on the couch of Lexor's living room, there was nothing I could do.

Until the Ides of March came by, I was a sitting duck.

December 28, 2043. Lexor Zurlack went to work as usual, once again leaving me alone to my own pretenses. Thoughts about how the True Knights would be following my capture out here were plenty. I'd obviously have to end my time in service, which was supposed to be upon my return from deployment. That way, I could spend more time on my life as the living face of mainstream music.

December 29, 2043. More work. New Generia was in the middle of securing their control over Ashan, which meant that Lexor would be super busy. Today, I decided to meet with my company leaders. Lieutenant Bowles and Sergeant First Class Bates joined in with me. As they updated me on the state of the company in the floors below, I realized that I gained a little bit of flab for the first time in my life.

December 30, 2043. I commenced working out on my own whenever no one was around. Always while Lexor was at work, so I could utilize the bathroom straight after. Thankfully, I had a set of my own clothes to choose from. Although, it was Lexor who chose a majority of them. New Generian style and not my cup of tea. All too feminine!

Last but not least, December 31, 2043...

I attended the New Years Eve party downstairs, which Lexor authorized. To be safe, I stayed past midnight to where all the married service members formed a huddle around me throughout, making up an excuse to basically lift me and allow me to ride the wave of the unit. Lexor was present, but he didn't interact much with anyone. Something was up.

Later that night, I retired to his quarters, expecting to go to sleep as usual. To my shock, it was completely different. Lexor decided to initiate a conversation with me. One which I wish didn't happen.

"Why did you choose her over me?" he demanded to know. "If I was not forced to shoot Emperor Fujia, would you still have married her?"

"I don't know. Lexor, seriously, I'm married now."

"But would you have told her about us? When I still had my telepathy, I was aware you loved me."

"Yes. She knows now too. I stupidly included you in one of my sad songs. One that no one can catch."

"A popular one?"

"No. I scrapped it. She heard it and threw a fit."

"I loathe the idea of joining royalty. I almost became a part of it twice."

"So we were briefly dating so you could escape it?" I was in shock at this point.

He shook his head. "Can't you read my mind?"

I began to try via telepathy, but for some reason, it didn't work. Instead, my body began to feel really cold. Ice cold. As if my body had a door to it.

Seconds later, it felt as though someone else were entering inside of me. Everything in the room was getting blurry, and next thing I knew, everything went dark.

Once again, I awoke in a rather familiar place, but why was I even here?

No one tried to kill me nor was I badly hurt. Both times I was here, I'd awaken in the hospital once I left here. Now I'm here yet I have no idea why I was brought out here.

But then I saw Empress Yuruca Fujia Minamoto there. Sitting and having a little tea party with the Fujia ancestry. Empress Pedonia included. She waved me over as I emerged from the lush, green grass mixed in with these beautiful flowers.