Chapter Twelve (Nerida):

All hell broke loose on Earth when Ashan was invaded. What no one expected to experience was the arrival of the Allied Planets.

High above Earth beyond the scattered space junk of excess satellites, a ginormous, disk-sized spaceship which could compete with the usual perceived UFOs from old alien sighting shows when Earth was still alone to itself in the universe.

Meanwhile, I did my usual day at Ashear. Monday to Friday. Evenings and weekends were a little different. Instead of going to events, I now transformed into Imitai and patrolled the globe. Sometimes in the United States. High into the Mesosphere. I could see The Allied Planets passing by high above at ten at night. Ashanian spacecraft, Catalonian Warbirds, and Volvan spaceships protecting it.

Sometimes they detected my presence, and it showed on my mask. However, the entire universe already knew about the True Knights and I. we had a way of avoiding accidental fire.

Vesta, Estella, Angela, and Joyce were my accomplices on these monitor missions. However, since Joyce was new, we kept her flying lower altitudes. Ashley wasn't here to train her in high altitudes. Wherever she was.

Well, we didn't know until a week after New Generia sent an entire fleet barreling through the sanctions and all the way into Ashan.

I was about ready to leave for the evening when Empress Pedonia walked into the CEO office. As though she were a typical being who still walked the Earth. CCETV went out the whole time. Angela was still there, and we were going over my schedule.

"Gallius hath located the Knight of the Skies! She hastily announced. "He is on his way back to New Generia. Lexor is holding her captive in his dwelling alongside the people who traveled with her."

My face went into stone. "She was captured?"

Not again. No. Ashley can't be captured! Impossible!

Nevertheless, I did my best to maintain my composure. If I broke down here, who would be strong for the rest of the people under me. while Ashley had to be strong for her subordinates, I needed to be strong for her company. Otherwise, a lot of people in her company will be going through an even rougher time.

Empress Pedonia grimly nodded. Her bald head actually reflecting the light of the sunset. Angela fell to pieces by my desk as I turned and quickly embraced her. Even before it was made known to the living universe, we had just found out. The news had been covering the lack of information repetitively for days.

Ashley Asha was now a captive in what is now being called the New Generian Invasion.

Angela wailed in my arms as tears slid down my face. Although she didn't die in the attack, the enemy now had Ashley in an impossible-to-escape position. My instincts were telling me to stay calm and find a way through this. Flight was not an option.

"She will not die, Empress Pedonia continued. "Rest assured my descendants. The Knight of the Skies spans the skies throughout the universe. Although she is gone afar, her younger sister will take the name of Leia. Another True Knight. Her title thou may ask, but the entirety of her powers hath not been revealed."

At my very moment, I stopped my crying and shot her an odd look. "Joyce Is her temporary replacement."

She smiled and nodded. "Indeed. The younger of the two electric sisters was born in the country where a Fujia is buried. A direct descendant with guaranteed full powers."

"Speaking of which," Angela said, looking up at her, "I noticed that he is a direct Fujia descendant. Shouldn't that mean my aunt and her aunt are related?"