62. A Muggle's Felony

CHAPTER SIXTY-TWO;

A MUGGLE'S FELONY

─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

Harry was too stubborn to admit something was wrong, that much was clear to Cassie as the pair of them struggled down the corridors to the hospital wing. Cassie, positioned behind Harry and attempting to push his back so he would move, finally gave up after five minutes. She was breathless.

   "Fine," she panted, crossing her arms and glaring at him. "You don't need to see Madam Pomfrey. But I know something is wrong. What is it?"

   Harry had been uncharacteristically quiet and avoiding her eyes – which would have worried her, if he had not been doing the same thing for the past two days in order to avoid awkwardness.

   "Hello?" she said, waving a hand in front of his face. "Earth to Harry?"

   "It's Sirius," he said quietly, his eyes suddenly boring into hers with urgency. "Voldemort's got Sirius."

It felt as though the entire world collapsed within three words. Cassie could not breathe. Her father.. the father she only had for two years. Suddenly, the seed of doubt Umbridge had planted in Cassie's mind seemed insignificant, as the teenager felt nothing but burning worry for Sirius. She had just gotten him, how could she lose him? The decision was easy:

"We've got to go get him, then," she said tightly, grabbing Harry by the hand and racing back toward the Great Hall.

─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

Luckily, O.W.L.s had just finished. Hermione and Ron, eager as always, found Cassie and Harry immediately and dragged them off to an empty classroom.

    "What happened?" Hermione insisted, slamming the door shut with her foot without even removing her eyes from Harry. "Are you alright? Are you ill?"

   "Voldemort's got Sirius," said Harry at once.

   "What?" Hermione's jaw dropped. "How do you–"

   "I saw it. Just now. When I fell asleep."

   "But–but where? How?" said Hermione, pale-faced and breathing quickly.

   "He's in a room at the Ministry," said Harry so quickly that he stumbled over his words. "Theres a room in the Department of Mysteries full of shelves covered in these little glass balls, and they're at the end of row ninety-seven, and he's trying to use Sirius to get whatever it is he wants from in there.. Says he'll end by killing him.." Harry looked up to Ron and Hermione, almost shaking with emotion. "How're we going to get there?"

   "Get there?" Ron repeated, his eyebrows high on his forehead.

   "W-we can't.. go," said Hermione meekly. "We've still got to–"

   "It doesn't matter!" Cassie exclaimed. "Nothing matters except that if we don't get to him in time, my dad's gonna die–and if you think I'm allowing someone else that I care for to die at the hands of Voldemort, both of you can turn around and leave me and Harry to do this alone!"

   Hermione and Ron fell silent, and Cassie could not tell it this satisfied or worried her. They should at least be as angry as she and Harry felt, right? It was unfair that they were so unfazed, whilst Cassie felt as though the world were falling apart as long as they stood there arguing about it.