67. Borgin & Burke's

CHAPTER SIXTY-SEVEN;

BORGIN AND BURKES

─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

"You know," said Ron, kicking his feet up and resting them on an empty cardboard box labeled with Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes, "Fleur isn't so bad. I dunno why you lot are so bloody foul to her."

"She is perfectly fine," said Ginny in a voice that suggested that she truly meant the exact opposite. Cassie arched an eyebrow, and Ginny turned to Hermione for help.

Hermione sniffed distastefully, though set her face and shook her head. "I just think she's a bit–wrong for Bill, is all. He's so..."

"Down-to-earth?" suggested Ginny. "Calm? Normal?"

"Sure," said Hermione dismissively, "and Fleur–"

"Phlegm," Ginny corrected pointedly.

"Phlegm," repeated Hermione with a bit back smile, "is just.. airy. A bit looney, I suppose."

"Like Luna?" said Cassie flatly, her eyes narrowed at Hermione, who flushed. "Just because you're so close-minded doesn't mean everyone else in Hogwarts must be, Hermione. Fleur is a smart girl – how else d'you suggest she got past all of the tasks in the Triwizard Tournament? Her looks? – anyway, she's perfect for Bill, in my opinion."

"Yeah, well you thought you were perfect for Bill in fourth year," said Ginny with a snort, rolling her eyes. Ron spluttered and fell from his bed; Harry gaped open-mouthed at Cassie, who blushed furiously and stuttered in reply. Ginny cackled with Hermione. "Relax, I'm only joking!"

"Are you?" demanded Ron, just as red-faced as Cassie. He rounded on her. "Is she?"

Cassie winced and stammered, "It– I may have–"

"Oh Merlin," said Ginny, now clutching her stomach in laughter as Ron grumbled defiantly and took his seat, arms crossed angrily across his chest as he muttered something about "Bloody girls, always going for my siblings.. First Fred and George... Now Bill..." Even Cassie couldn't help from laughing.

   "Even still," said Ginny loudly over all of the other teenagers' laughing, "she just treats us like babies, and – I expect O.W.L. results will be coming in soon!" she amended quickly, as the door swung open and Fleur stood in the hallway with a tray of breakfast before her.

   "'Arry!" said Fleur obliviously in a silvery voice, setting the tray on the end of his bed and moving to plant two airy kisses on his cheeks. His face burned red all the way down to his neck, but Fleur possibly took no notice – or, Cassie thought, she may have been used to it by now. Fleur beamed down to Harry and clasped her hands together. "Eet 'as been too long!" The girl turned to see Cassie and she let out a ecstatic shrieky noise that caused Mrs. Weasley (who stood behind Fleur) to wince. "Cazzie! Oh, 'ow lovely to see you again!" And she gracefully took Cassie into a hug that smelled suspiciously of heavily spritzed perfume.

   "Congratulations on the wedding, Fleur," said Harry blankly, his face still flushed from his two pecks. Fleur squealed and kissed his cheek again.

   "Well, enjoy your breakfast, 'Arry!" said Fleur brightly, crossing the room and seeming to float out the door again.

   "Mum hates her," Ginny whispered to her friends, eyeing her mother cautiously. Mrs. Weasley looked cross.

   "I do not hate her!" she said in a harsh whisper. "I just think they've hurried into this engagement is all!"

   "My parents got married at eighteen. 'Course, they're dead," Harry pointed out, shrugging. Cassie raised her eyebrows and looked back to Mrs. Weasley, who now seemed too conflicted to reply.