75. Nott So Secretive

CHAPTER SEVENTY-FIVE;

NOTT SO SECRETIVE

─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

There was one thing Ron and Hermione had in common: Neither were convinced with Harry's beliefs that Malfoy was a Death Eater. Cassie, however, was debating.

   They took the Floo back to Hogwarts a few days after New Year's Day, as the Hogwarts Express had been deemed too unsafe for the children to ride on. The moment they stepped foot back in the common room, however, a loud shriek rent the air and Cassie's hand flew to her wand instinctively, only to find that it was Lavender squealing of happiness that her Won-Won had returned from holiday. Cassie had to try exceptionally hard not to laugh as she tucked her wand back into her pocket.

Harry steered Cassie off to a private area of the common room and immediately broke into his conceptions that Malfoy was a Death Eater, and that Snape was trying to find out what his task was, and that Malfoy was behind all of the strange and supernatural happenings at Hogwarts this year. By the end of his rant, Cassie had officially sided with Hermione and Ron.

She stared at him flatly, her arms crossed. "My hairbrush went missing last week. Was Malfoy behind that, too?"

Harry's lips parted and his brow furrowed, gaze lowering to the ground. "I just thought you would believe me, out of everyone," he said quietly.

Cassie softened slightly and exhaled a short breath. "It's complicated, Harry. Malfoy being a Death Eater would make sense, in multiple ways, but also... there is too much evidence against it. He wasn't even at Hogsmeade when Katie was given the cursed necklace; Mcgonagall said so herself. And I know his family–"

   "The Malfoys and the Blacks have history of being Death Eaters," argued Harry. He quickly realized his mistake and his eyes widened. "Merlin, I didn't mean–"

   "No, I know what you meant," she insisted, shaking her head. "The House of Black is a vile family and I barely consider myself apart of it. So to say," she said, shifting herself so she was leaning against the couch, "there is a strong possibility that Malfoy's a Death Eater because he's apart of.. my family. What I'm trying to say is; I see where you're coming from."

Harry smiled. "Thank you," he said. After a brief pause, he tilted his head to see behind Cassie and raised his eyebrows upon sight of something that hung on the notice board. "'Apparation lessons; if you are seventeen years of age or will turn seventeen on or before the thirty-first of August, you are eligible for a twelve-week course of Apparation lessons,'" he read aloud, a slow smile spreading across his face. "Are you planning on it?"

"Can't," she said dejectedly. "I'm not seventeen 'til November. Hope you have fun though, and try not to Splinch yourself. Can't let our Chosen One be taken down by a bit of blood, can we?"

─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

"What in Merlin's name is a Horcrux?"

   "Exactly what I said." Harry ran his hands down his face and dropped his head onto the open book before him, letting out a deep breath.

   "I've never heard of Horcruxes," Hermione admitted, frustrated. She huffed and turned on her heel to search the library once more.

   "Where's she going?" Cassie asked. "She's already circled the entire library and found nothing." She let out a low groan and rubbed her eyes, trying to knead the exhaustion from them. They had already been back from holiday for almost a week now, and Harry, Cassie, and Hermione had been attempting to scourge the library for any bit of information they could find on the Dark objects. Harry had learned from Professor Dumbledore that young Tom Riddle had been looking into them and Harry promptly decided to follow in his footsteps in an attempt to find out what brought Voldemort back from the dead.