four • meant for something more

•••"I only know I'm meant for something more

•••
"I only know I'm meant for something more...

There must be somewhere I can be astonishing."
•••

March, 1813

Ambitious mamas rejoice, for the new Duke of Hastings continues to grace our fair city with his presence. And, oh, what an impressive presence it is!

It should be noted that the Duke has been overhead announcing to mamas everywhere that he has no plans of ever marrying.

This author wonders which brazen matchmaker shall rise to such a challenge, for this competition is well underway.

It has reached my ears that Mr. Colin Bridgerton shall be awarded the years grand prize when he sweeps Miss Thompson off her pretty little slippered feet.

In other news, a most peculiar suitor for Miss Daphne Bridgerton has emerged. A Mr. Nigel Berbrooke. Well, yes... that is certainly enough on that.

As for later news, Miss Sevyn Granville truly shook up the scene last night, catching the calling eyes of every suitor she passed, but resigned in conversation with the Duke himself? As they say, curiosity kills the cat... all will be uncovered in due time.

Lady Whistledown's Society Papers

Sevyn finally got to return to the theatre, but most of the experience was sat with Siena, who was always happy to aid the girl in stretching.

Siena had explained her predicament with Anthony Bridgerton- who was abandoning the girl once again.

Be it shame or slander, seduction or smear, there is but one thing that humbled the most highly- regarded members of our dear ton...

A scandal!

Well, dear reader, it should seem that all of Grosvenor Square has been left to ponder a rather scandalous question, indeed. Might one former diamond's recent fall from grace turn out to be the most dancing scandal of all?

Lady Whistledown's Society Papers

Sevyn finally got to spend the night in, being able to find the time to have Lucy critique her.

She took the words of her mother very seriously because Lucy would never tell her a lie. She corrected her movements with great honesty, and was able to pinpoint every little mistake, and in the end it benefited the girl greatly. "You truly are something, my dear." Lucy acknowledged, as both their heads darted to the stairs.