seventeen • dear lady

•••"the road holds great danger,

•••
"the road holds great danger,

you'd better stay here.

there's someone you longed to be closed to, my dear.

he's not so far out of reach as you fear."
•••

August, 1813

With Daphne having been gone for almost a month, Sevyn returned to her days at the theatre. Missing Siena more and more each day, she longed to see the woman. She had begun to feel quite lonely.

She had certainly not seen Benedict as much as she would have liked to. Having to regain her schedule training, it was hard to do just about anything she hoped to.

You would love the architecture,

Daphne wrote, expressing the beautiful designs that Clyvedon held.

When you can, we would love for you to come visit.

Shockingly, Sevyn had not even thought of that as a possibility. Knowing the honeymoon was an important time for the newlyweds to be alone.

Breaking her out of her thoughts, the third Bridgerton entered the theatre unexpectedly, looking quite beguiled. "Colin?" She asked, setting the letter down on the floor. "I need to know I have your support." Looking at him through narrowed eyes, she pressed him to continue. "I am..." he inhaled deeply.

"Get on with it, Colin." She pleaded, crossing her arms over her chest.

"I am to be engaged." He announced, seeing the girls eyes widened. "I have proposed to Miss Thompson."

"Colin..."

"I need you on my side, Sev." He pleaded, "when I announce it within the gardens, I know Anthony will be an ogre about it." He stated sadly, and Sevyn knew she needed to support her friend. "I need to know someone approves of my choice."

She seethed, putting all her weight on one side of her body, "I can not tell you I agree with it," she truthfully explained, "but I can not deny that you have my full support." Running up to the girl, he gleefully wrapped her in his arms.

"I knew I could count on you, Sev."

She knew she was to be on Anthony's bad side.

Within the Bridgerton's garden, Benedict gleefully greeted Sevyn, pressing his lips to the back of her hand, "my lady..." She gave him a smirk, linking their arms. "I have not seen you in quite some time."