sixteen • in the light of the virgin morning

•••"when I am his,

•••
"when I am his,

i'll be the star in his night.

and I will shine as a bride by his side."
•••

July, 1813

The bright sun had exposed itself through the window of the guest room, alerting the girl it was time to wake up.

Benedict had retreated to his corners after regaining his strength from their previous endeavors- and frankly, Sevyn was still enthralled, thinking of the events that had taken place. She never expected that that was what it was like.

For the first time, she felt like a woman, not a child. 

"Miss Granville?" Quickly covering her exposed chest with the sheet, Rose interrupted her thoughts with a gentle knock on the door. "Lady Bridgerton requests your presence."

"I will be up in a moment." She heard the woman's soft patters away, reclaiming her nightdress and robe. Today, he best friend was to be married. A grand soirée, indeed.

Sevyn could feel Daphne's aura from down the hall, seeing her clad up in her white gown. She was truly a sight to behold.

Covering her mouth, Sevyn could feel tears welling up in her eyes, examining her friends appearance. "Daph..." the girl smiled to her, "a diamond, indeed."

Before she could consider her surroundings, she found herself in the Bridgerton Chapel, accompanying the Dowager Viscountess, and soon sitting beside the Viscount, himself. Expected to create quite the... uncomfortable atmosphere.

Behind the girl sat Benedict Bridgerton, a light blush erupting on his cheeks from the view of the woman, who sat one pew in front of him.

He thought she looked remarkable.

Clad in a light pink gown, which resembled Daphne's dress from the Danbury ball, he could not seem to lose his gaze on her.

All stood upon noticing the entrance of the bride and her brother, who lead her down the aisle to the Duke, who received a comforting glance from the Granville girl.

Her dress was simple, but she was truly the most beautiful thing Sevyn had ever seen.

Giving a final smile to his sister, Anthony took his spot next to Sevyn, beginning the viewing of the wedding with a twinge in his heart.