Chapter Eight

"Ian, you should call your parents. let someone else work on her." I hear. My eyes open in the back of an ambulance. A mask is over my face. "Pulse is weak. Eyes are open." A woman says. "Amanda, can you hear me?" I groan back and try to move but my arms strapped down with IVs in them. "This your first time in one of these?" 
"Keep her awake."
"Amanda, tell them about the time you decided to flip a car." Ian jokes. "What!" The others say all at once. "Oh, I should probably say, this is my younger sister, bipolar and NOT on meds."I go to smack him but my brain gets tingly and fuzzy. "Seizing!" Someone calls. My arms thrash and so do my legs. My body goes numb and I feel pain. "You must have hit her head harder than we thought."
"This is all my fault!" I hear Ian say. "She would have died if you didn't take action. Look, she's not seizing." The ambulance parks and I'm unloaded and ran into the hospital. They tell Ian to stay back with the other EMTs. "IAN!" I try to yell, my voice is horse and cracks. I watch a tall blurred carrot-haired Ian stand next to me. "Don't leave,"
"I won't."I feel his hand on mine. Shit, I'm going to have to have surgery for this head thing or be overnight for a few nights, and I'm going to be put on meds, They are going to make me see a shrink, OH NO, I'm going to check into inpatient. My brain rushes me. "Tell Mickey I'm okay." It takes me a few tries but Ian understands after the fourth try. Doctors run in and out of my room, checking my head, flashing lights, saying things I cant hear, showing my charts I can't read. "Do you know where you are?" A doctor asks. "I-" I look around and it's almost like a fog places over my vision and when it clears, I didn't remember anything. 
"Ms. Gallagher, do you know where you are." a man asks.  "Amanda?" A red-haired man asks me. "I-"What do I say, who are these people, where THE FUCK am I? "Do you know this man?" The doctor asks pointing at the red-haired men. "Should I?" I grip my head. "FUCK!" I throw myself back, hitting my head on the bed trying to get the pain to stop."Help." I clutch my head. "Please, I don't know- Fuck." What happened to my head. Monica? I need mom. I need mom. "MOM!" I scream. "I need my mom, Monica Gallagher. M-O-N-I-C-A. She's blonde, a little crazy. The red-haired man starts to cry and walks out screaming. "MOM! MOM!" The doctors run over as I scream bloody murder for my mom. "Please calm down, your mom isn't here right now. Your in Chicago, in a hospital." I feel an IV drip turn on and immediately take some of the pain. "Where is she?" He writes something down on a paper. "what day is it?" 
"Uh, January tenth, two-thousand thirteen?" I question. "No, two-thousand fourteen."
"Try two-thousand sixteen."
"Have I been in a coma?"I ask. "No you hit your head." the doctor tells me. "I think your brain panicked when we started testing you, You came in here with your memorize." He pauses. "Cases like these, your brain will be back to normal within two weeks. I'm going to go tell your brother that." I try to sit up. "Mickey's here?"
"No, Ian. The rest of your family is on their way." Ian? the rest?  "Who else?"