Chapter fourteen

Ian texts me to meet at the dinner and when I show up he's dancing with a whole group of friends. Everyones slightly drunk and the music loud. Ian introduces me to everyone. "Okay, there's a lot of that to remember." Everyone laughs. "Around here typically your she or him, straight or gay." Ian laughs a bit. "But I'll keep all those new words in mind." The group nods. "Amanda, she/ her," I tell them. I can feel Ian's eyes on me as I talk. "I don't define my sexuality or explain it." I know that's what Ian was looking for, an explanation for what happened at the bar. I give my number to everyone. "Just text names and pronouns." I get a few texts and save their numbers, and then we all party. "You two gonna fuck?" I ask Ian when I see him looking at Trevor from a distance. "I don't know man."  I pat his shoulder. "I'm going to talk to Fiona." I leave him at the bar.

"Holy fuck Fi, This is great." She laughs. "I know, who fuckin knew." I hand her a mug of alcohol. "To now knowing!" We cheer and chug. I stay for another four hours. I talk to Carl about his new ambition for school, I talk to all of Trevor's friends, a few of my old friends from the block and I call Lip to make sure he's alright. I heard his work got busted today. 

Debbie walks in and tells us all about her date, about Candyland and janga. "that food costs money Debbs." Fiona says to her. I roll my eyes. "why am I the only one in the family you haven't offered a job to!" She asks. "you'd listen to me?" Fiona asks. What a piece of shit. I think as I take another sip from the mug. Ian grabs the mug from me. "You've had way too much, gonna start fucking with you." I laugh. "No ill be fine. Fuck off." I say as I grab a random mug from behind me. Fiona leaves for a cig and I follow her, she hands me one and I stand there quietly as she looks around. She looks inside to see everyone having a good time. "We're alright," I tell her, not sure what I'm reassuring her about. 

I go home, only after Trevor offers me a ride He complains saying. "It's too dark and shitty for you to walk alone." I get in his car and quickly learn he can't drive for shit. "I could have stolen a crap car and been safer." He laughs. "Sealing cars, that's a complaint I've never heard." 
"I mean, it's my old job so." I look at me. "You stole cars?" I nod. "Made money, You've seen where I live." He laughs a bit and I turn on the radio. "Ian likes you." I blurt out. "His last relationships were fucked though." 
"Fucked?"
"an internalized homophobe who in prison now, a pedo and a cheater." I hear him let out a sigh. "So your saying I don't get a chance." 
"No, I'm saying you do, just don't break him." I can tell he wants to ask more. "Ian won't give a shit about anything extra or lacking, just be you if that's what you're not asking. Cis, Trans, I don't think he should give a fuck." 
"Yeah, that's what I was gonna ask." He lets out a nervous laugh. "Ians a good kid. But a fucking pussy, You might need to make the first move." He pulls up to the house. "Thanks for the ride." 

I wake up to the sound of the washer machine, on, off, on, off. I walk downstares and see everyone gathered. "Shit the washing machine?" Lip asks. "Yeah, it's the one fuckin jimmy bought us." I cringe at his name. "Jimmy- steve," I whisper. "Should have known it would never last." She starts pulling clothes out and into a basket.  "somebody has to call to get this fixed, and it's not going to be me." Fucking bitchy ass, It's too early for your I'm a new person bullshit.  "you are being kinda Cuntty about it." I hear Ian say to Fiona about Debbie's unpaid rent. 

I eat the rest of the cereal. "I'll go to the store." 
"With what money?"
"The money of selling a car," I tell Ian. Carl gives me a weird look. "You're not all high and mighty because you think you're going to be a cop, so sit down," I tell Carl. "I thought you stopped with that," Ian asks. "Need money. You took my last bit of money and I want weed and cigs." 

Me- Need a job
Enzo- Type?
Me- Car theft
Enzo- You said you were done stealing cars.
Me- Yeah, well I'm not
Enzo- I have a job then
Me-Send me?
Enzo- Alright.

"Got a job," I announce and I walk out. The car he wants me to steal is a few blocks down, plate 9HGSY6. I find it and try the door, Locked. I push the window a little, It's fully up. I run to the side door, BINGO. 

I hop in no problem and try the car, I look for the keys in all the normal places when I realize it's not there I just open the front. Hotwireing has been a gifted skill of mine since I was young, but it lowers the price I make. This car is going to get me 2k. Now that I hotwired it Ill get around 1,500. 

It drives no problem, and I bring it to Enzo's I park the car and take the money he gives me. $1,000. "Enzo, this is a 2k job. with hotwireing its 15." He ignores me. "Dude, What the fuck?" 
"It wasn't your job, I did you favor." 
"I did you favor my ass," I say to him. "I need to buy shit." He looks at you. "Then get a better job." I laugh. "What not work here?"
"Work here, come in every day to help or quit." 
"You tellin' me you're not going to help me anymore." I throw my hands up. "Fuck you. Ill steal one car a month, any one, any day, any time. But ONE car a month."
"That's going on contract."
"You make contracts now!"