Chapter Nine

A group of teenagers, a baby, and a kid come running in. "Who the fuck?" I ask, turning to the doctors. "Can you call my emergency contact?" The nurse grabs my phone, "You have four. Which one?"Since when do I have four? "All I guess?" The first one she calls is Mickey, who doesn't answer. Then she calls two people I don't know. "Lady, I don't know a Fi or an Ian." I look to see two people holding their phones. The red-haired boy and a dark-haired skinny girl. "I don't know why I have you two in my phone," I say distressed. What's happening! They call Enzo next. I'm told by the nurses that Enzo will be here in the next hour. 
"Who are you guys?" I ask the group. No one answers. "Wheres Monica? I need my Mom." One of the boys in the group starts crying, and pushes away from the group, and walks out. He's tall, shorter than "Ian" but taller than me. A girl passes a baby to a younger teen and then chases after the one who just walked out. "I love kids," I tell the group. "She's adorable." I say pointing to the baby. Franny. "Her name Franny right?" Everyone looks up at me. "How do I know you guys? I- I can't remember..." 

"It's okay Amanda, We know you can. It's us. Your siblings." The tall dark-haired woman says. "Siblings? Monica made more of us?" I laugh. "Where is Monica? I could have sworn we were on our way to visit Mickey a few towns over." 
"Why Mickeys?" The younger teen boy asks. "He's my best friend. I got all A's in school, the third year of all A's. I'm skipping a grade." I smile at them. "We are going over to celebrate!" 
"Who are you again?" I ask. I KNOW I know who they are. "Fiona." I nod. Her names Fiona. 

The hospital door swings open. "ENZO!" I say as he runs over. "What did you do?" He asks rather pissed. "I don't remember, I think I was on my way to Micks. Mom was taking me." 
"How old are you?" Enzo asks. "Fifteen, why?" He stops and turns to Fiona. "I think this was right before you met her." He turns back to me. "You know you lost some memories right?" 
"Yeah. Because I don't know them. Fill me in on life." I say laughing a bit. "I wouldn't do that, let her memorize comeback naturally." A nurse pipes it. Me and Enzo roll our eyes. "Monica came back for a few months, yes? Because of school?" I nod. "But then she left, and you dropped it." I nod. "I was getting back into school, Took three years of school in one year. I'm going to skip a grade." I say proudly. "But instead you dropped out again, Stole cars with me." I nod again. "SO I didn't go back." So I never went back to school, all that work for nothing. "You got caught by the cops. And Mickey brought you to the Gallaghers. Remember?" No, I don't remember. "Where the fuck are you getting your information man. " Ths time Fiona steps in. "You stole Mickey's baby and then ran away for a year after spending a year with us." I'm seventeen? There's no fucking way. "Why would I steal a baby, Mickey doesn't like woman."A million thoughts run through my head. "But none of that happened, your fucking with me." I look around and no one says anything. "MONICA!" I scream. "MONICA!" She isn't here... "Get out." I say coldly to the big group. "Amanda..." 
"Get the FUCK out. I don't know you." I start crying. "I don't know who you are!" They are lying, Mickey's gay, I don't have siblings, Im going back to school soon, and I stopped stealing cars a few months ago. I try wrapping my brain around everything. My phone buzzes on the nightstand Monica I pick it up to fast and almost fling it across the room. "Mom?" I say picking up the phone. "Hi, Amanda." 
"where are you? Aren't we going to Mickeys?"
"No honey, I left with Lex a few months ago on vacation, remember?"
"No, Mom. Mom, I lost my memory, People keep saying they know me. Where are you?" I panic. "Please come, I need you." I hear her yell to someone to get a car ready. "I'll come as soon as I can."She hangs up before I can say bye. "Mom?" I pause. "Monica!" I irritably put down my phone. 

A doctor comes in and starts asking me questions. "Where are you?"
"A hospital."
"What's your name?"
"Amanda Rose Gallagher." He writes on his notepad.
"What year is it?"
"apparently two or three more than I remember." He nods. "Okay, So you don't have a few years. Thats not bad." He continues writing. "NOT BAD!" I yell. "I don't remember anything for years! There are gaps that don't line up, people who I must love, that I don't know." He ignores me. "Do you remember the last time you took your meds?" He looks up from his paper. "My meds? Legal meds?"
"Yes, legal meds." I laugh, "I don't take prescribed meds." He writes more on his paper. "We want you on these." he hands me a pill bottle with three pills. "We will refill them every day you here, With as much as you need. One for each meal." Why pills?  I turn the bottle over and read it. These are the same ones Monica has in her bathroom, and they look like the ones Ian takes. I stop, Ian? Ian takes pills like these. But why? Bipolar. Am I bipolar? I look around the room. It's too quiet in here, Wonder if Lips okay. He seemed upset earlier.  My brain starts doing flips in my skull. Which one was Lip, and why was he upset.

"I think I remember some things," I tell the doctor whos still writing in his notebook. "Ian takes those too, so does Monica, And Lip was mad at Monica. And Fiona was dumped." He looks up and writes. "Some things might trigger names, or faces, or things you normally do." He looks at me and then at his paper. "I'm going to try letting ONE person in at a time. Have a conversation. See if it sparks anything. Most of the time injures like yours at under a week." I nod. "Lip?" I hear him yell as he pokes his head out into the hall. A dude, early twenties comes over. "Yeah, Im Lip." 
"Can you talk with Amanda, don't tell her anything new. Just have a conversation." He glances at me. "Yeah, okay." He comes over. "Hi, Amanda." I give him a once over. He smells like alchohal. "Wher you drinking?" I ask. "Well yeah, I drink." We sit silently till I get another smell of what he was drinking. "Did Kev give you that?" He freezes. "You remember Kev?" 
"No, Just the name. Is he another brother?" He frowns. "No, But he did give me this. What do you remember?"
"Monica leaving, I think I stole a car like Enzo said, Me and Ian, I think we stole a car, Monica's boyfriend took her to Florida, and Franny."
"You remember the beginning of when we all met and the more recent things." I nod. "I kinda do, Some people I know only their names and not faces, others I know faces and not names." He takes out his phone and shows me a picture. "That's the picture I gave to Mickey," I tell him. "When I saw him last, Is he here?" 
"No, he's not here," Lip tells me. "He's in jail. You must have visited." 
"No one is telling me about what happened. How did I hit my head?" He holds back from telling me for afew moments. "You had an episode and left, Hit your head doing god knows what." I had an episode, left, hit my head, and forgot everything. And Mickeys in jail. "Is Ian the one with carrot hair?" He laughs. "Yes, Ian is carrot hair boy. That's his name on your phone." 
"Can he come in?"
"Sure, Ill get him."