°˖✧23✧˖°

Yoongi was out of breath, his hands trembling as he held onto his weapon, the sun shining off his sweat. His forehead was oozing steam, and his body was full of mud from the tip of his boots to the top of his hair, his eyes the only thing still clean. Ina's eyes dilated at the sudden leap of the toad, the ground around them feeling like a small earthquake had been created.

The toad had taken each blow without moving so much as an inch, unphased by the entourage of attacks coming at it until its eyes fell on her. The giant toad's eyes glistened in the sunlight, the sun slowly beginning to sink over time, the toad jumping closer once again. The toad didn't look injured, a low croak coming from it as it continued to stare at Ina. She could feel its burning gaze focused on her head, Ina stumbling back at just the right moment to miss the slimy tongue that had launched at her, her backpack softening her fall.

"Watch out!" Yoongi yelled, running to her side quickly, Ina sank into the mud, the tongue hitting a large branch behind her.

Kneeling next to her, Yoongi grabbed onto her hand and helped her up and off the muddy water. His body was hot, Ina felt heat radiate from his hands. He appeared tired, Yoongi not even glancing at Ina while pulling her away from the toad.

"That thing isn't taking any damage at all, sir, what in the fuck are we supposed to do?" Yoongi asked, Sung-jun using his large hammer to smack down on the tongue of the toad which was slowly retracting itself into its mouth.

"What else can we do? Its mouth has a weak spot on the roof of it. All we can hope for is an opening to it. Ina, you'll be bait, Yoong-" 

Sung-jun was suddenly flung into the air, interrupting his reply, both Ina and Yoongi watching in horror as the toad flicked him off his tongue and began charging at both of them.

While in the air, Sung-jun's body began morphing, the blue hue that once surrounded him turning into a fiery black. His form went into that of a crow, a loud caw causing the toad to change its destination, the giant toad flinging its tongue at Lucious.

With a single twirl, Lucious dodged the tongue, his feathers only inches away from the slimy pink flesh. Yoongi was overwhelmingly happy at seeing his fellow friend but also anxious, the bird quickly dove towards the swampy water while changing into his human form, a large surge of air following the bird's body in his descent. Feathers peeled away from Lucious's skin, his sharp chin and dark clothes the first thing visible of his human form. The gust of wind that had formed around Lucious pushed both Yoongi and Ina into a sitting position in the mud, both their faces now covered in it, Ina's backpack hitting the boulder behind them.

"Did you think this water demon would let you kill us three? Ha, nice try King Sung-jun," Lucious scoffed to himself before plummeting into the murky water with a large splash. 

It was eerie to watch him talk to himself, Ina glancing over to quickly scan if Yoongi was okay.

The water grew larger, the splash becoming a large cocoon that covered both Lucious and the giant toad, Ina's eyes unable to open any wider. Yoongi raised his arms over Ina's body, Ina moving back to cover her head, afraid of what would happen next. The water around the giant toad and Lucious wasn't murky or dirty, it was a beautiful dark yet translucent black. It was like a mist that enveloped them, a tinted window-like shield that kept the toad from noticing them.

"Missed me?" Lucious smirked while glimpsing over at them, Yoongi moving his hands down while patting Ina on the shoulder.

"By the way, he can't see you for now but this barrier won't hold on for long. Sung-jun- I mean King Sung-jun used up too much of my energy. I'm running low on stamina so it's now or never," Lucious shouted at them.