°˖✧13✧˖°

Yoongi could barely make out the sunlight through the forest canopy. His eyes searched through the hoard of people running towards him, hoping to catch a glimpse of his brother.

He wanted to call out for his brother but he didn't. They were trying to be silent. They were not supposed to leave too far, only far enough from danger the witches had said. He didn't know where they were going nor why, but Yoongi continued to look through the heads of the people walking.

Then he spotted him, Yoongi spotted his brother, his mother still unconscious in his arms. Yoongi ran forward, meeting his brother as the sound of crashing filled the air. She still looked pale; Yoongi's eyes filled with worry.

"We have to keep running," Jungi whispered, Yoongi's eyes only on his mother, concerned if she was even alive.

"She's going to be okay Yoongs. Our priority is living. Come on, we must keep moving," his brother said, walking past Yoongi as he pulled his arm away from their village.

"Where are we going?" Yoongi whispered, his brother saying nothing and continuing to move, walking up a cliff before they met the rest of the village who were walking around the village area and towards the area where most of the village elders met. It was right behind the main village, Yoongi catching a glimpse of Hoseok, one of his friends, holding someone over his shoulders. The village continued to walk, the walk becoming harder and harder as they went down a small hill path that led a bit deeper into the forest.

Hoseok looked over, catching Yoongi from the corner of his eyes before walking next to him, a sad smile coming from his face.

The person he was holding was Soobin, one of the younger village boys who was said to have become an orphan when he was ten, his parents being killed after "supposedly" conspiring against the Witch Elders. He was a gentle soul, his face having the same prominent cheekbones that Hoseok had.

He looked hurt, one of his arms bloody and dark while his face was covered in what seemed to be dust and dirt.

"What happened? Where are we going?" Yoongi asked.

"Behind the village, there's a large cave that is right outside the barrier. We are going to gather there before we are told what to do next," Hoseok whispered.

"Soobin saved me from some falling rock. None of the witches wanted to carry him here so I had to bring him on my own. From what some of the women said, he'll be fine as long as he gets treated for his wounds," he added.

Yoongi nodded, glancing over at a sleeping Soobin, the blood still dripping down his fingertips.

Behind Hoseok soon came Taehyung, a guy only a couple of years younger than him, and Yeonjun, a close friend of Soobin who always seemed to loom in the background without saying anything, only tears dropping from his eyes. He was young, far younger than Hoseok and Taehyung. He had a similar face shape to that of Taehyung, both wide and also with the same hearty smile they carried. But he looked so broken now, Yoongi's eyes going to his own feet.

"He'll be fine," Jungi smirked, petting Yeonjun's head as they continued to walk, Yoongi letting tears fall from his face.

It was all a disaster.

The whole situation was a disaster.

Why had this happened Yoongi wondered.

The sky seemed to darken above them, the sound of women screaming being drowned by Yoongi's thoughts.

Maybe he had been the one to curse his family. Maybe this was his fault.

They had finally reached the edge of the village, the sound of crashing and booming shaking the ground beneath them as they were all ushered inside the cave, Yoongi walking slowly behind his brother.