°˖✧14✧˖°

Sunrise.

The stillness and quiet of a windy morning.

Ina and Jungha woke up early the next day, Ina wearing some jeans and a white tee, her brother wearing a hoodie and joggers, and both of them had a backpack weighing heavy on their shoulders.

The morning was quiet, Ina tied her hair before taking out some bread from the kitchen cabinet, a sigh escaping her chapped lips.

The night had been cold in her room once they had arrived back, an odd aching making her stomach turn and stiffening her body as she lay in her bed.

"So, we plan on simply eating and leaving right?" she mumbled to herself, wondering how she had gotten to such a state.

Casper nodded, walking behind them while they made themselves breakfast, the sound of a toaster going off and a sudden page-turning made both Ina and Jungha jump and turn to look at the dining table.

Their father had woken up early too, going out to get the paper before sitting himself down at the table. The amount of unconcerned coming from their father made both Jungha and Ina nearly choke on air.

"Wow, I'm surprised the two of you are up and running this early. Same as yesterday. It's almost like you guys have been doing things without our knowledge. Something you guys care to share?" their father giggled, knowing all too well that both of them were probably up to no good.

Ina simply widened her lips looking over towards Casper in hopes of an answer, his face going blank. He did not seem the least bit concerned, that be it, in the form of a dog.

"Greeeat am I the only one troubled about him knowing or not?"

Ina and Jungha both looked at each other before eyeing the door of their parent's room, which was visible from the kitchen, their father looking back with his glasses sitting halfway down his nose.

"She left yesterday on a business trip. You guys can talk freely. You too, Casper," their father said, eyeing their large Samoyed dog who had been wagging its tail vigorously while waiting for a green light to morph into his human form.

"Should have said that sooner," Casper laughed, transforming himself in the middle of the kitchen and walking over to sit next to their dad.

He pushed his hair back, fixing the collar of his shirt, and rested his arm on the table.

Ina's father placed a cup in front of Casper who simply snapped his fingers and made a tea set appear, his hair pulled back and becoming tidy, making him resemble a butler or some sort of gentleman from ancient history.

"Black tea or Earl Grey?" their father asked, Casper simply smiling widely.

"Best guess? Chai with my morning toast," he responded, looking over at Ina and Jungha who only shrugged at their conversation.

"We plan to be away for a little bit. You okay with that, Dad?" Jungha asked.

Their father sighed heavily, appearing to be annoyed at their response.

"I was guessing this would come up. Your mother won't be back for a couple of weeks. I heard this trip was going to be long. As long as you guys get here before then, there will be no excuse needed. Now, would you guys be so kind as to fill me in on why you woke up so early?"

They all went silent, none of them sure what to say next. The toaster went off again, Jungha turned to get the bread out and placed it on plates, Ina ran to get jam from the fridge and set it on the table.

Ina stepped past him, grabbing the heated kettle to pour some water into her cup, her eyes darting between the cup and Casper, who looked to be sitting comfortably in the dining area.