°˖✧9✧˖°

It was dark when Yoongi reached his home, a large boom ripped the silence of the small outskirts of the village. His mother had been standing near the firepit, her skirt rolled up in her hands as she stirred a pot. 

"Did you hear that?" Yoongi asked as he walked into his small hut, his mother's eyes widening, her hand letting go of the spoon she was using, her face turning pale.

"Oh for Merla's sake," his mother mumbled, gasping loudly before shifting to glance at her eldest son. Jungi had gotten up from his cot, his face was just as grim as his mother's. 

Yoongi's mother quickly ran to them, grabbing both of her sons and pulling them to one side of the small cottage while handing the eldest a shield that appeared from her palms. Yoongi admired it, the darkness that emanated from it, and while many would fear it, seeing the darkness as evil, Yoongi found a strange comfort in it.

"Whatever you do, do not go outside, if it gets bad, you know what to do Jungi," Yoongi's mother said, her hands extending out towards the direction of the door before she whispered some words, the small pole his mother used to fly around coming to her side. The clouds had turned dark, from what Yoongi could see, the wind howling with the might of a hurricane.

"Mom?" Yoongi asked, confused.

Before anything more could be said she was out of sight. Jungi grabbed his younger brother and pulled him to the backside of their small hut, the sudden uproar of yelling and screaming filling the air around them. It had been 20 years ago the last time Jungi's mother had said that, or had ever looked that frightened. 20 years had passed yet it felt like only yesterday Jungi was a small child too, burying his innocent face deep into his mother's skirt.

"What's going on?" Yoongi asked his brother, Jungi's eyes going wide.

"He's doing it again," Jungi whispered, a loud crash making the ground shake.

"He?"

There was a sudden grumble, the yelling, and chanting of women making Yoongi curious, curious to know what was going on outside. Pushing his brother off him, Yoongi ran towards the door, his brother in close pursuit behind him, attempting to pull Yoongi back as a cloud of smoke filled the house, the door Yoongi had opened was now surrounded with ash as they glimpsed up into the sky.

There in the far distance, a large red light shined, many of the women from the village flying overhead and zooming in the direction of the noise, large crashes and booming trembles ripping through the air, the ground shaking just as hard. It felt like the end of the world, Yoongi witnessed the village buildings tumbling and cracking with every boom that ripped through the air.

"The Warlock King has re-awoken. Every time he wakes up he attempts an escape. It has been almost 20 years since this last happened," his brother whispered.

The sky seemed to be full of ashes, red and purple lights looking like lightning in the clouds making Yoongi stare in awe. Yoongi could feel the imbalance of mana, a powerful aura oozing from the direction of the village center, so intimidating and frightening that Yoongi froze in place.

"What happened 20 years ago?" Yoongi asked, having to almost yell to get his voice loud enough for his brother to hear.

"The Elder Witch Merla had awoken the Warlock to try and...um...get pregnant. She bore a son, however. It didn't go as planned and then suddenly the King began to rage," his brother explained, Yoongi understanding that she had wanted a daughter, not a son, like every woman in the village.

"So why all this?"

"He is trying to escape."

The sound of a crash near them made Yoongi turn his head, one of the witches lying on the floor with rocks lifting off the floor, her dark hair extending out from the dent that surrounded her. She stood up, a crater left behind where her body crashed too, her eyes lighting up in a purple hue. Her hair began to fly around her, the wind surrounding her being engulfed through her nose at a rapid rate. Yoongi could see the mana she carried being sucked into a single focal point, like a charging Lazer ready to burst.