°˖✧24✧˖°

How did Ina know Jimin? 

Yoongi has always wondered but never dared to ask. Ina and Yoongi had both mentioned the young boy enough times to be aware that they both knew him and that they both liked him. 

"He's hard to miss in a school filled with hateful people," Ina smiled.

°˖✧Ina's Flashback✧˖°

Ina was about 11 years old when she first came in contact with a boy named Park Jimin. He was a shy guy who sat at the very front of the class. Ina, unlike him, would sit towards the back with Chanyeol. Chanyeol always gathered unwanted attention and since he always insisted on being glued to her, she had no choice but to also be surrounded by jealous female attention.

The third month into the school year, Chanyeol had left, leaving her and all the vengeful women behind. This also left her without a friend, since having him stuck to her also meant others didn't approach her for fear of getting trampled by the jealous girls who bullied her. 

Ina was alone, her body full of bruises from jealous girls' kicks, or being tripped enough times to last her a lifetime. On one of those many days when she found herself falling in the cafeteria, the bell rang, and everyone left for their 5th-period class. Ina knew she'd be late. She knew she wouldn't make it to class, so she cried. For the first time since she was a kid, she cried.  The trickling of cafeteria milk and the smell of canned fruit filled her hair, Ina used her palms to clean her teary eyes. She wished to disappear, to be alone and never be bothered again, her sobs echoing in the mostly empty cafeteria. However, a small fluffy hand extended its way towards her. Ina looked up, her face directly meeting that of a short guy with dark brown hair.

"A-are you alright?" he timidly asked, Ina, shaking her head no as a response.

The boy looked about her age, his worn-out clothes unbefitting of his soft and gentle features. He was almost as short as Jungha at the time, who was only 8. Ina could still feel her steaming tears roll down her cheeks. The young boy used his thumb to clean it off, grabbed his old sweater from around his waist, and handed it to her. He started throwing away the food around her body, placing her tray in its designated area before going over with some napkins and cleaning her hair and shirt to the best of his ability. He was unlike Chanyeol, who brought her only misery and hateful looks. No one noticed them. No one even turned to glance at them. They were ignored by everyone, even the teachers. 

Helping her up, Jimin walked her to the restroom, Ina washing off the stains on her face and as much of her hair as she could in the small bathroom sinks, tying it up in a bun when she was done. Walking out, she again noticed how everyone disregarded them, Jimin standing still near the door, his eyes staring at a book he was holding. Glimpsing up, Jimin smiled shyly.

"Done?" he asked softly as if to not break the calm atmosphere. 

Ina nodded, Jimin putting up his book and muttering "great!"

Without giving Ina a chance to think, Jimin grabbed her arm and pulled her to follow him. Both of them ran out of the hall, Ina struggling to keep her backpack on her. Jimin just smiled when turning back to peek at her. He gave a small wink and looked towards the double doors of the side entrance of the school, both of their legs hitting the tile floor hard. Ina's eyes widened. He surely wasn't considering skipping class, right?

It was like the wind was knocked out of her. Both of them jumped through the doors and towards the woods behind the school, lunging past the cement steps and into the dirt path that led to it. It was cloudy, the chilly air of October making Ina shiver. She continued to follow silently, watching as the once skittish boy from her history class changed into a ray of smiling sunshine. His body language was relaxed, and his hand hastily let go of Ina's, Ina only then realizing she had been following him for several minutes. They had reached the top of a hill, a clearing shown in front of them, the fresh smell of grass clearing Ina's sinuses. Jimin walked over to some nearby rocks and sat down, gently touching the moss covering them.