°˖✧2✧˖°

Yoongi sat on the ground, his body aching as the rain poured above him. The small grave they had dug for his friend's ashes sat near a cliff, a tree overhead, dead, yet providing shade for the gravesite and also some cover from the rain. Lightning struck as they continued the last of their blessing chant. It was a sort of tradition, to send those you love away with a small hopeful chant. It was forbidden for them to chant to those killed by the Elder witch, especially if they had been accused of being a warlock, however, they thought it was the least they could do for Jimin.

"And in this blessing, we grant you a second life," the men said in unison, finishing the chant with an almost dreadful taste in their mouths.

"I know you'll miss him," his brother whispered, patting Yoongi's shoulder gently, the other guys also giving him a small pat of reassurance. The thunder around them became louder, some of the guys finally breaking out into sobs. The dead tree's branches began cracking with the wind, Yoongi taking it as a sign of Jimin's sorrow.

"No, I won't," Yoongi finally answered, the guys going quiet.

"Lies, they all know you are lying," Yoongi thought to himself.

"They say that when a warlock dies, he is reincarnated as a human or an animal. Do you think it's true?" one of their friends said.

"Soobin, it'll be okay. He's free now," Jungi smiled, walking over to the sad excuse of a man who was now crying like a child in the arms of one of the older guys.

In tears, the young boy hugged Yoongi's brother, the mud on his clothes finally making Yoongi get up.

"At least he'll be able to rest in peace knowing Jungi here was able to get his head. Some men die without ever having their entire bodies buried," Taehyung, another of Jimin's friends cried out.

Yoongi stood up, walking away from them, his mind too cloudy to think straight. He could hear Taehyung's sobs, Hoseok's yelling ever so slightly masked by the sound of thunder. He wanted to yell, to use his magic to help Jimin, but like Lucious had told him once:

"No matter how strong you think you are,

You are not strong enough to bring people back to life.

No amount of white magic can bring the dead back. Their souls are lost in the other world.

However, you can wish them to come back to you, even in another form.

You might have to wait years, but they will come back, with a little magic and a lot of hope."

"Where are you going?" Jungi asked as he saw his brother leave.

"On a walk. I need to be alone for a bit," he mumbled in response.

Jungi nodded, assuring him he'd wait at home when he was ready to return.

Yoongi simply continued walking away, far into the depths of the forest.

"I told you he'd die soon," a voice echoed Yoongi's eyes became a watery mess.