Chapter 1: The Kidnapping

My heart sinks as I slowly turn my head towards the sound at my window. I am home alone. What ... or ... who could it be? I am not in the mood for being kidnapped, because I'm about to beat my high score on the computer game I'm playing.

The banging comes again, rattling the glass in its frame and shaking the string of fake pink flowers I have strung over my blinds. Carefully, I creep up to the window and slowly pull the string of the blinds, exposing the bright sunlight into my room.

Oh my God what is going on! Why is there a cute boy at my window? Looking only slightly older than me, his mop of messy blonde hair flops over his gorgeous blue eyes and tan skin as he stares right at me. My room is situated on the second level of my house, with a small awning under my window on which the mystery boy is perched- however he got up there will remain a mystery. Completely shocked, I slide the window open.

"Who the hell are you?" I question.

There is such a serious look in his eyes as he has one eyebrow slightly raised, making my knees weak. "I don't really know how to say this, but you are going to have to get in my car" he instructs, and I almost want to do exactly as he says. He's so gorgeous I've almost lost all my common sense, not that I had much to lose.

"Answer my question you rando, and no way am I getting in a car with a stranger, I'm not dumb!" I say, putting both my hands on my window seal to lean closer to him.

"Fine." He exhales through his nose and turns his gaze away from me and towards the street for a moment before meeting my eyes once again. "My name is Finn. Just come with me, they can tell you everything."

"They? Who's They!" I say, trying to sound as calm and cool as possible. Mostly because I feel as if I don't have a choice in this matter and I'm going to be kidnapped, but also because I have never seen anyone look like this before ... he is dreamy, and he is at my bedroom window.

"It's not like you have much going on in your life anyways Blair, just come with me" he says, but I'm too focused on the way his slightly too small shirt hugs his biceps to interpret the insult. He did, however, have a point. Despite the chances of him killing me being high, I have nothing to lose.

My life has been the same for as long as I can remember. Go to school with the same friends every day, go to the same crappy job every weekend, and rehearse and perform for musicals and other acting roles when I can. Would a little drama that's not written on a script really be that bad?

"Blair?" He repeats, and my name sounds divine coming from his lips. Wait, how does he know my name? That's a little creepy, but also very intriguing. I pull my window all the way open, and climb out, hitting my head as I do so. Finn looks me up and down. Oh crap! I'm in my unicorn pajamas, that's a tad embarrassing. I watched him bite his cheeks and try to suppress laughter.

I roll my eyes. "Well it's not like I was expecting visitors." Out of all my Pajamas, why did I have to be wearing the ones with little unicorns on them? With a half-smile, he beacons his head towards the street.

Unskillfully, we slid down the roof to the edge. As if it was no effort at all, Finn jumps off the edge of the roof, landing on his feet. Following his lead, I creep closer to the edge. It's not that high- just one level- yet not achievable for me. Rolling onto my stomach, I inch backwards until my legs are over the edge entirely and the gutter is jamming into my stomach painfully. Looking over my shoulder to see the distance between me and the ground, it was suddenly hundreds of meters away.

"Finn, can I just take the front door? Nobody else is home" I wince. I hear him laugh from below.

"You could have done that the whole time."