Chapter 1

Fleurs perspective

The lack of notifications on my phone is appalling. You'd expect on a girls 17th birthday at least a few people would remember, yet I lay in bed, staring at nothing but my lock screen of a collage of Taylor swift and spiritual quotes. If everything happens for a reason, then not being wished a 'happy birthday' is needed for character development, or something. 

Yet again, it is only 7:30am.

The intention, and alarm was set for 5:30am, although when the time to wake up came I was too exhausted. Don't get me wrong, I love a good early wake up with yoga on the beach and crystal work, but not today.  There is something different about a girls 17th birthday. It's the year you can listen to dancing Queen by ABBA, and every other song that mentions being 17. This is supposed to be the best time of your life. 

Unwillingly, I sit up in bed and rub my eyes trying to awaken myself. Eventually I gather enough energy to pull myself out of bed and over to my vanity table where I light a coconut scented candle.

With a heavy sigh, I decide to do a tarot reading. My cards slide through my fingers as I I shuffle my deck and spread them across the table before me. Closing my eyes, I hover my hand over the cards, selecting the four calling to me. Pulling my eyes apart to open them once again is difficult. 

Why must sleep be so compelling?

I turn over the first one to reveal 3 of swords. Meaning deception, jealously and broken heart.  The next card to be revealed is the death card. End of a situation or relationship. Ace of wands, one of my favorite cards is in the reading, symbolizing new beginnings, new ideas and creation.

'Scarily accurate to my life right now... what does the future hold?'  I wonder before revealing the final card. I inhale deeply and flip it slowly.  The fool, a major arcana. The fool. Good friends, happiness, and needing to take a giant leap forward.

My mind drifts to the whole situation that unfolded at the agency before right before we left, and how it perfectly links to the reading. I haven't spoken to Finn since the mission two months ago. I have not talked to Blair either, though I have been in contact with Luna and Zach. 

I have seen Oliver almost every day during the summer, which started 6 weeks ago. We are already halfway into the summer and yet it feels as if it is going so fast. I guess time flies when you are having fun.

Oliver would show up at my door almost every day and we would go to the beach and attempt surfing, or skateboard along the peer singing to the playlist we created for the summer. Consisting of a large variety of my music including (but not limited to) Taylor Swift, The Beach Boys, Dayglow, The Strokes and Vance Joy, as well as his music, The Killers, Led Zepplin, Death Cab, Blur, and the Arctic Monkeys. Needless to say, our music has rubbed off on each other, and I have successfully made him a Swiftie. On the odd occasion it rained, or I had to baby sit my brother, we would binge watch Friends. Honestly, I would not be surprised if he showed up at my door right now.

With that thought I decide to have a shower and get ready.

'My addiction to shopping has become a serious problem' I think as I gaze at the clothes overflowing out of my cupboard. 

Like a tarot card, my floral print midi skirt calls to me, along with a a simple white singlet top with a lace trim. Paring the outfit with a tote bag and burkenstock slides, I gawk at my reflection. My hair had gone frizzy and wavy from the weather, turning away from its natural curl. 

'If i'm going to act like the main character as a seventeen year old, I mys-as-well have a main character moment' 

The impulsiveness compels me. Its defiantly my Aries moon at fault here.