Chapter 12: Roleplay

Spinning in a circle with my breathing embarrassingly loud, I hope to find something- anything to get out of this situation. My ear feels like it's on fire. There's no getaway car this time, and nobody here to help. It was over.

Sweat drips down my face, and at this rate, the humidity will kill me before Krisha can. I look at Finn, praying he has some miraculous plan to save us, but his face only reads defeat.

Krisha holds her spider-like hand out infront of me. "Give me the code" she demands. Murik still needs access to the USB because as far as I am aware, it contains information on their supply links, and where the drugs are being sent. Without the contacts, the business would crash.

I take the piece of paper with the code transcribed from where it was tucked safely in my bra. Right before the paper touched her cold hand, I pull it back and shove the note in my mouth. Everyone's eyes are on me as I chew the paper and attempt to keep a straight face as I swallow it.

Krisha is furious, but my move was made completely worth it when I see the look of disbelief and a smile on Finns face, a smile which he is trying to hide.

Krisha bares her teeth animal like as her eyes narrow. "I am going to get that code from you one way or another" she practically shrieked.

Though she implied torture in our near future, I feel relieved that I had bought us at least a few more minutes of life. Instead of killing us on the spot now, they take us right back inside the lions dean. Dragged by guards through the white hallways, I know the walls will haunt my dreams for the rest of my life. I don't fight the vicious grip of the single guard dragging me, knowing there is no use. They took our guns- not that I'd be better off with it. I'd still miss it. Finn, however, kicks and tries to throw his arms to escape the grip of the two guards constraining him, to no avail.

I stop walking all together, forcing the guard to throw me over his shoulder. I take a fist to his back with all my might, and the man doesn't even flinch. I don't think he even felt it!

They take us to the room we had only just escaped and tie us down to back-to-back chairs. Our ancles are tied to the front legs of the chair, and our arms tied to the back legs, stuck to our sides. The ropes are so tight I can feel it cutting my circulation. Will my hands and feet fall off?!

Fleur, who had been taken from Finns arms, was nowhere to be seen.

"That went well" I say. Finn doesn't respond. I feel his back against mine, trying to wriggle to loosen the wires. I try and do the same, but instead of feeling the ropes loosening, I feel the painful sting of rope burn.

"Blair" He whispers.

"Yes?"

"In my pocket there is a knife. I need you to try and reach it."

"Ok." I feel the pressure build up. I have not really done anything successful yet, but now would be a good time to make up for it. I wriggle my wrist some more to loosen it, but I can still only move my fingers.

I bite my lip through the pain of the rope burn and my move my wrist up and down to make the tie on my hand continue to loosen. Then, I try and reach blindly behind me for his pocket.

I feel the fabric of his pants, and eventually find the pocket. Moving my fingers inside, I can only brush the knifes plastic handle with my fingertips.

"I can't reach."

Finn adjusts his position in his chair, but it hardly makes a difference. For the first time in the past week, I feel tears brimming my eyes. Pull it together Blair, now is not the time.