More than just a paper

"Hey,"
It's Y/N first time meeting her fiancé,that's right,the first time.

"Hi,"
Rosé replied nonchalantly.

It's an arranged marriage,they're going to get married after one month,whether they like it or not,both of them don't get to choose.Rosé just came back from Australia,she is told that she has an arranged marriage with someone not long after she starts helping out at her dad's company.Her mind blanked out as soon as she received that news,it meant to separate she and her girlfriend,hell no!

Because of Rosé's strong protest against her parents' decision,they decided to make it a two years long contract arranged marriage instead.

Whereas Y/N only obediently followed what her parents asked her to do.She didn't think much about it,to her,she is marrying someone anyway,it doesn't matter who is it in the end.

Their parents had set up this date for both of them,using the excuse for them to get to know each other better before they live under he same roof for two years according to the contract.

Here the silence comes.Y/N is an introvert person,she is not used to initiate a conversation by herself.Moreover,the girl in front of her doesn't seem to have the interest to talk to her either.

She then takes out her phone and starts scrolling just like a normal person would when they're bored.Although she has her eyes on the phone but her attention is on someone else—Roseanne.She can't stop stealing glances at the blonde,she looks so intimidating yet so attractive at the same time.

"Look,I have to tell you something,"
She suddenly voiced out,with a sexy Aussie accent.

"Go ahead,"

"I have a girlfriend,"
Y/N nodded her head lightly,hinting Rosé to continue on with her story.

"And I love her very much,if possible,I don't even want this arranged marriage,but I know both of us don't have a choice,"

"I am totally fine with you dating her during our marriage life though,"

"Really?"
Rosé widened her eyes in surprise because this is just not something that she has expected,she thought her fiancé is a rude young girl who only knew how to take daddy's money.But now, she is impressed by her generosity,although they don't love each other but allowing your wife to have a relationship with someone else, that spoke a lot about Y/N's generosity.

"You're her girlfriend and you're both in love,I won't want to separate both of you because of some unreasonable arranged marriage,"
Y/N replied tenderly while staring at Rosé.

"Thanks for your understanding,"
Rosé said gratefully.

The first year of the marriage,both of them were getting along well.They're more like friends than the typical enemy in the arranged marriage.They still care about each other,in a friendly way,neither of them has special feeling bond for each other yet.

They respect each other's privacy,none of them has ever invaded the other's room without permission.In fact,they don't even go to each other's room that often,it's mostly when they need to borrow something or ask questions about the family gathering.There are no sweet talking,no lingering conversations,no personal stories shared between the both of them.

They slept in different room,unless their parents came to visit them and stayed overnight,then they would have to pretend to sleep together.

What does it mean by pretend?

It means that both of them will sleep separately,since they have a couch inside the supposedly shared room,one of them(usually Rosé)will be able to sleep on the couch instead of sharing the bed awkwardly.