Reasons

Recently, Rosé had proposed to her girlfriend, Y/N. Everything was supposed to go smoothly, she was supposed to accept her proposal and they would be happily ever after just like the fairy tale. However, Rosé was rejected unexpectedly.

"No...?"
She questions Y/N back after she was rejected by her.

"I don't think it's the right time for us to do this yet,"
Y/N says in an almost whispering tone.

"But why?"

"Chae, I am not ready for marriage,"
She just doesn't think their relationship at this state is stable enough yet.

Rosé is always traveling around because of her work. Y/N is the type who needs a lot of assurance and Rosé fails to give her that type of assurance more often than not.

"Oh...okay. Well, I am just...alright,"
She can't even phrase a proper sentence. She was so confident that Y/N was going to accept her proposal.

They are a happy couple. They love each other very much. They are the almost perfect couple actually. All Rosé's members are envied of her for having such healthy relationship. That's why she is so shocked when Y/N rejected her.

"Are you okay?"
Y/N asks her worryingly.

"Yeah. Totally. Can I have some time alone, please?"
Rosé requests politely.

"Sure, I will be in the living room. Just call me if you need anything,"

"Alright,"

Two days later
Rosé always needs reason for everything. The rejected proposal is not an exception. And so, she called Y/N's best friend who she happened to hang out with Y/N a few times before, and they are now in a restaurant. Rosé believes that the most direct way to find out the reason is to talk to Y/N's best friend.

"So why? Why did she reject me? Is it because she doesn't love me anymore or is it-"

"Exactly why she rejected you,"
Irene says with an uninterested look on her face.

"What do you mean?"

"You are always so full of yourself. Your relationship is basically all about you and Y/N is just...well, Y/N. She always questions herself for whether or not she is enough for you,"

"Of course she is,"
Rosé replies.

"I don't doubt that too. But anyway, there are a lot of reasons why she rejected you. You don't care enough, Rosé,"

"What do you mean by I don't care enough? I am pretty sure she is happy in our relationship,"

"Seriously?"

"Do you mean that she is not happy?"

"I wouldn't say that she is not happy but I wouldn't say that she is satisfied either,"

"How?"
Rosé says in disbelief.

"Remember when you were on tour? For the concert? In Europe?"

"Yeah,"

"Her birthday night, you were not there,"

"That was because I was not able to. I was literally on a tour,"

"You couldn't even make a call? Did you even remember her birthday, Rosé?"

"I did. I just..."

Flashback
After the concert, she was actually extremely exhausted. She wanted to skip her dinner and called Y/N initially but Lisa entered her room before she could do anything.

"Chae, do you want to have dinner with the dancers?"
Not wanting to feel left out, she joined the dinner with all the members too.

Meanwhile, Y/N was waiting for Rosé's call because she promised to call her on her birthday before she went on tour.