congratulazioni

When your day starts off with an unhappy looking Penelope Garcia, you know you're in for a rough one. 

I noticed her the second Spencer and I walked into the bullpen. She was standing by my desk, a box next to her, and a confused look on her face. Derek was trying to start a conversation with her to figure out what was wrong, but she just ignored him and kept scowling in my direction.

"There you are!" she shouted as we made our way towards the desk. "Hi Penelope. What's wrong?"

JJ and Alex also crowded around my desk trying to see what was wrong with our lovely tech analyst.

"A package came for you from downstairs. I didn't mean to be nosy, but I checked what it was to make sure it was all good and safe. But what was inside is what concerned me. So I did a little more digging, and I apologize for snooping, but when were you going to tell all of us that you and Reid got married?"

The looks on my coworkers faces were priceless. I could feel Spencer tense up besides me and I froze up. I knew everyone was going to be angry, but I was hoping to tell everyone on our own terms. Sadly, you can't keep things hidden for long when you work with a bunch of geniuses.

"We kinda got tired of planning a wedding knowing that with our schedules, it would never work out. So one day we decided to go to the courthouse and get it over with. We were going to tell you when I got that package, but it seems you beat me to it."

"I'm done being upset with you now. Come here and give me a hug. Congratulations!" One by one, our teammates embraced us in hugs and congratulated us. "So who already knows?"

"Well we had to tell Hotch," Spencer started. "And Ariel's parents came to keep an eye on Delilah and be our witnesses. I also told my mom, but that's it."

I moved to open the box on my desk, pulling out the items that were inside. It was a new nameplate and my new credentials. My eyes scanned over the items, a sense of pride coming over me.

"Well, I think Supervisory Special Agent Ariel Reid suits me nicely, don't you think?"

"I love the sound of that," Spencer said as he pulled me into a side hug, placing a quick kiss on my temple. My teammates started to inspect the items, completely in awe that we managed to hide something so big from them. 

"What's the celebration?" Rossi questioned as him and Hotch walked over. 

"The geniuses got married!" Penelope answered excitedly. Rossi looked surprised as he pulled Spencer and I into a hug, giving us both kisses on the cheek. "Congratulazioni! But we are for sure going to throw you both a nice celebration."

"It'll have to be after this new case," Hotch spoke up. We all made our way to the round table, Spencer's hand on the small of my back. We've been together for years, but his touch always has an effect on me. I feel like a school girl with butterflies in her stomach. 

Penelope started to explain the case as we all sat down. Down by the Mexican boarder, some men were mysteriously having their legs amputated. There was a survivor, but the people that didn't make it had their bodies dumped. It was pretty gruesome, but you've got to have weird cases every once in a while. 

When I made my way back to my desk after the briefing, I sent a quick text to my dad to make sure he knew we were going out of town. Him and my step mom have been such a big help ever since we had Delilah.

Delilah Reid was our two year old daughter. I'm pretty sure she got her dad's super genes because she's already such a smart child. Even though she was still learning to speak, she was very good at communicating with us. Her giggles could light up a room and she had her dad wrapped around her little finger.