in the end

Seeing Rossi being taken out on a stretcher hurt.

According to the paramedics, he was going to be okay and the drug in Rossi's system wasn't very dangerous. The drugs had entered his system due to the fake letter being laced with it.

These taunts were becoming unbearable. Even if it was for a split moment, the Replicator was showing us that he could tear us apart. I wasn't too excited to see whatever else he had up his sleeve.

"That was the M.E.," Derek started talking as he got off the phone. "Turns out that Strauss was killed with an altered version of Doctor Death. This version was tampered with to make her torture longer."

Doctor Death was the drug that was the center of the New York case we just wrapped up, which made this case even more concerning.

"A biochemist, computer hacker, and federal agent? Who is this guy?" JJ wondered out loud.

We all made our way into the conference room to see what Penelope had to show us. She had found security footage of our unsub walking into the building and dropping the letter on Rossi's desk, managing to keep his face hidden from the camera the entire time.

Penelope went on to explain that this guy signed into the building using the name Adam Worth. While I was focused on the psychological sense of him using the name of a famous criminal, everyone else in the room seemed to tense.

"Wait, Adam Worth?" Spencer asked, a bit of worry in his tone. I had a feeling that name had more significance to the rest of the team than it did to me.

"Wasn't that the alias he used when Ariel was taken?"

"Yeah, that was the name he used for the phone call."

I ran my hand over his back for a moment, trying to help ease his tension for a moment. Working on a case where you had messages from the worst phone call you'd ever received in your life be forced to be analyzed must be hard for him. But he seemed to power through his worries. But that's Spencer for you, putting the needs of the job over his own.

We were later trying to piece together why there were never any taunts directed towards Blake. We figured that our unsub was thrown under the bus just like Blake during the Amerithrax case when Penelope came in further confirming some of our suspicions. Blake recognized a man by the name of John Curtis. She said that he fit the profile and that his main area of interest was biochemistry. Now that we had a suspect, it seemed some weight was lifted off our shoulders and we could really start hunting this guy down. 

Garcia had found his property and we were going to head there by chopper. Hotch, Blake, and I went in one chopper, Morgan, JJ, and Spence in the other. The plan was to land on different parts of the property and then infiltrate his home. But things can never seem to go according to plan.

While we were in the air, our chopper had lost control and was being maneuvered by an outside source. As the ground was quickly approaching, I started to panic. We braced for impact and the only thing that seemed to be on my mind was my family. I just hoped that Spencer was okay. I hoped that this wouldn't be my final moments. The last thing I remember was the helicopter hitting the ground and then everything went black.

When I came to, I could hear noises in the distance. The parts of the plane rattling didn't mask the loud shout of my name that I could tell was my husband. I pried open my eyes and immediately held my head. It felt like the worst headache imaginable. 

Soon, the doors opened and I could see the rest of my teammates. "Are you okay?" Spencer worried as he lightly grabbed my frame, checking for any injuries. "My head."

"Wait, where's Blake?" Derek asked. He held up a cannister and looked around, puzzled as to where she could be.

"C'mon, let's get you out of here." Spencer gently pulled me from my seat and onto my feet. I leaned onto him for support as I could feel the world slightly spinning around me. "I've got you."