me for her

tw: mentions of sexual assault, forced drug use

Spencer's POV

She looked calm, too calm. There wasn't even a bead of sweat on her face. How could she be so content with all of this?

I felt Hotch's presence beside me. "I'm going to talk to her alone first. If I need you, I'll call you in." I nodded and watched as he walked into the small room.

"Mrs. Ezra, I'm agent Aaron Hotchner. I'd like to talk to you about your husband, Cole Ezra."

She didn't respond at first. She just smirked at Hotch before she spoke up. "I'll talk to you. But only if Doctor Reid is in here as well." Hotch turned in his seat and gave me a nod through the glass. I walked in and took a seat next to him.

"It's so nice to finally meet you! We have a lot to talk about."

Before I could get a word in, Hotch spoke up. "You can catch up later. We want to talk about Cole. When was the last time you spoke to him?"

She fiddled with her fingers, a tell that she was trying to come up with a good lie. "This morning. He was headed off to his new job."

"And where is that?" Hotch sternly questioned. "He works at Walter Reed Hospital, in the pharmacy."

"Has he asked you recently about Ariel?"

She just chuckled and shook her head. "Agent Hotchner, I know what you're trying to do. You want me to slip up and tell you where Cole and Ariel are. But you aren't going to get that answer. Cole is my whole world and if you think you can tarnish his name and turn him into some criminal, I want no part of it."

"He did that himself," I heard myself say. Her gaze shifted towards me. "And why would you believe that, Doctor?"

"I haven't even met the guy. But Ariel has told me so many stories. Sometimes she still has nightmares about what he would do to her. But I don't just have her stories. We have evidence. All of those ER visits, all of the DCFS calls, all of the crap that you thought you could sweep under the rug is all in our hands. Once we find him, he will go to prison and pay for what he's done. And you're going to be right there with him. You can't buy a judges loyalty this time. The both of you are going to pay for what you have done to Ariel and I hope that you have such a miserable time in that prison that you are begging for death. Maybe then you'll truly understand what it was like for Ariel to be around you."

With that, I stood up and left the room. I know I probably stepped over the line, but I really didn't care. As I was just about to shut the door, she spoke again.

"I can let you get in contact with him." I stopped in my tracks and turned around to face her. "At our house, he has a webcam set up. You can try to talk to him with that, but you are never going to harm him."

Hotch and I left the room, gathering the team to head over to the house. "Sir, I found something!" Garcia announced. "I looked into the hospital that Cole works at and they have reported a few items stolen this morning. Right after the items were stolen, they noted that Cole ditched work."

I took the paper in her hands and scanned over the items he took. A tourniquet, a few needles, two bottles of pentobarbital, and two bottles of hydromorphone. My heart sank as I realized what those drugs were. I handed the paper back to Garcia and rushed to get my vest and gun.

After a few minutes, we made our way to the Ezra house and scanned for the webcam. We found it in the corner. JJ tried calling Garcia to see if she could hack into it, but I already had another plan in motion as I wrote something out on a piece of paper. "What are you doing?" Rossi asked.