• Part 6 - Sorted •

Mcgonagall woke me early, I didn't Mind it though.

In fact I've never been so happy to wake up before, ever since I got here everyone has been so kind and accepting...

I threw on my robes on and put on a little bit of makeup and done my hair nice, since today was extra special...

I was so excited to be sorted! I couldn't stop smiling...I'd never been this happy in my entire life.

And I'd be meeting new people...I wander what they'll think of me! What if they hate me...oh god...what if because my father they are all scared of me or something!

"Hurry! Are you still sleeping! I woke you up ten minutes ago!"

"I'm up!"

I leapt to the door and swung it open to see a very startled Mcgonagall

"Hurry we must prepare for the students to come"

"Okay!"

She shook her head with a smile as I sprinted towards the large doors of the great hall.

I felt tiny in the great hall, like a piece of dust.

"Lydia..."

I turned to see a smiling Snape...from what I heard I'm the only one he'll smile for,

"Snape! How did you sleep!? Are you ready for today?! I am! I even put on a lil bit of makeup! Did you notice!? Is it too much!? Should I take it off?!"

"You look fine Lydia"

I need to calm down...but how can I?! This is one of the most important days of my life!

———

I patiently sat in my room...my leg tapping against the floor violently.

The students had arrived at Hogsmade, merlin I was nervous.

My palms were sweating uncontrollably, I felt like I would be sick from the bats swarming inside my stomach...not butterfly's...bats.

Suddenly Mcgonagall came in.

Mcgonagall took me to another room and said she'd be back soon once the rest of my year had been sorted.

I could cry from all the nerves.

I heard mumbling from the other side of the door...there was a lot of children...why were there so many children!

———

After much shouts of joy and happiness from the great hall Mcgonagall appeared at the doorway,

"Ready Lydia?"

"Emm...actually I think I left my...um necklace...yeah! My-"

"It's okay to be nervous Lydia...this is a big moment for you, but you'll be just fine"

"But they're gonna think I'm a monster just like my father!"

"No they won't, not until they find out how good you are! Come, don't want to keep them waiting"

"Okay, I'm ready"

I'm so not ready.

My knees were barley supporting my weight, if someone pushed me I'd topple right over.

———
I then heard Dumbledore's voice ring out the great hall.

"Now we have another new student joining us this year, Lydia has been staying with us for the past few days and will also be getting sorted into her house this evening. She is the daughter of Rose and Tom Riddle. Please be kind and welcoming to her...she is just as special as all of you..."

The silence in the room was deafening.

Mcgonagall swung open the doors and strode towards the front.

I had frozen.

There were so many people staring at me.

Their eyes judging me.

They were scared of me.

I was feared and they didn't even know me!

So I decided to go along with it. They want a monster that's what they're gonna get.

I strutted up the hall with confidence, the boys gaped, the girls snarled...

My hair bounced off my shoulders voluminously.

I gave a classic Snape smirk.

My robes flowed beneath me.

I reached Mcgonagall and the chair.

There were whispers across the room.

Mcgonagall placed the hat on my head and the emotions came rushing back in.

I felt dizzy.

"Ahhhhhh, I see! A Riddle...Ive been expecting this one. Lets see...not very brave...not very wise...not exactly loyal either...well it only makes sense...
SLYTHERIN!"

A smile exploded across my face.

I'm proud princess.

I know dad.

I approached the silent Slytherin table, why weren't they cheering for me? Everyone else got one.

I sat next to a rather attractive boy with dark hair, dark skin and dark eyes,

"Are you really his daughter?"

"Ehh yeah I am"

"Wow! Well it's nice to meet you, I'm Blaise Zambini"

"Lydia Riddle"

I looked across from me to see a plump boy staring deeply into my soul sat next to an even more attractive boy with platinum blond hair and ice grey eyes who stared shocked at me he sat next to an even plumper boy...

"I'm Malfoy, Draco Malfoy"

Oh. My. God.

The bats were back. The bats brought their friends this time though.

"Hehehehehehe hihihihihihihiiiii W-what's up?"

Fuck. Fuck my life. Fuck this. Fuckety fuck.

"Er okay, nice to meet you this is Crabbe and this is Goyle"

"Yeah, um sorry about that I-I'm Lydia nice to meet you guys"

"Heyyyy gorgeous! Names vaicey! We are gonna be great friends!"

Is he hitting on me? I mean he's cute not Draco cute though...also his voice was pretty high...

Blaise then flapped vaicey away,

"Go find another girl, I don't think the dark lords daughter wants a gay best friend"

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

"Nah it's okay we can be friends!"

"Really! Yasssssss! You're so cool! What's it like being his daughter?"

Everyone listened in

"Well I've never actually met him before"

"Really! Aww you poor thing!"

"Well he's not exactly a good person so maybe it's for the best"

"That's true"

All of a sudden a bunch of food had appeared in front of us there was so much I could barley take it in, I'd had meals here but never as big as this!

We chatted for ages about all sorts of things and I got to know a bit more about everyone.

Vaicey was really funny, we all couldn't stop laughing.

And Draco was...perfect.

I kept getting lost in those silver eyes.

I'd never seen anyone like him before.

I was so happy, I'd gotten into Slytherin and best of all...I had real friends, a family.