• Part 26 - A moment •

The glowing morning autumn sun shone in through the windows of the great hall.

It made the hall golden.

I was busy reading about herbolodgy...although I still was never good at it...every plant that comes my way just dies or tries to eat me.

I sank my teeth into a soft buttery croissant, they were always so delicious and chewy and...mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

"I just can't believe it! If it were one of us we'd be expelled immediately!"

I looked up from my book at Draco,

"What in merlins name are you on about?"

"Scarhead and that blood traitor stole a flying car...flew it over London where someone probably saw, then the went to Hogwarts...damaged the whomping willow and then walked on in like nothing had happened and they weren't expelled! They just got detention!"

"Seriously! How were they not expelled?!"

"Because all the teachers love them"

"Kinky..."

Me and Draco turned round to Blaise,

"Shut it Blaise!"

I was furious, Draco was right. If it were a Slytherin we'd be expelled immediately! But no they just had to get special treatment.

"I can't believe that! It's so unfair!"

"Yeah! And now that Griffindor won the house cup for the first time in years they think that they have some sort of control over Slytherin! And I even heard that some of the new first year Slytherins were getting bullied by a couple Griffindorks! Unbelievable..."

"Cocky little rats if you ask me..."

We all laughed at V's comment...but he was right they really were cocky.

"Anyways...have you all seen the new sexy piece of work over there...it's Gilderoy Lockhart...he's quite the hero I heard...he'll be teaching us defence against the dark arts!"

I watched as V's eyes twinkled at this man...

"Umm, what's so sexy about him?"

"Are you kidding me Lyd! Merlin your standards are LOW"

"They are not! Your the one who's crushing over a middle aged man!"

"Yeah! the hottest middle aged man ever seen...I mean look around every other girl is obsessed! Why aren't you?!"

"Because it's obvious that he's full of himself! And I've never seen him before...he's not in any books I've read! And I read a lot of books..."

I said this while pointing at the herbolodgy book on my lap.

"Yeah well maybe you should buy some of his books and see how bloody amazing he actually is!"

Me and V glared into each other's eyes until we got broken up by Draco,

"I agree with Lyd...I hadn't heard of this bloke until I met him at Diagon Ally...and he seems quite fond of Pottah"

"Ugh okay okay...but that won't stop my strong, deep and passionate love for this man..."

V winked at the smiled back haired man...

"Ew you are so gross V"

———

Just I was about to leave my last class I got grabbed by the shoulder.

It could have been Draco but I couldn't smell that expensive cologne.