16

White gowns cluttered the huge auditorium making me look like just another student. I was finally graduating, meaning my stay in France would be coming to an end. That is if I hadn't met Harry that first day here. Naturally, I would make my stay a bit more permanant until we talked about our future, which was a big pill to swallow.

They began saying the first few last names, meaning "Addams" was going to be sang over the microphone very soon. The boy in front of me was called up and that's when everything really sank in. I was really graduating, really getting to move on. I felt completely bliss when the man said my last name. Finally. 

I took the diploma and thanked him before walking off to my real seat. Harry sat there waiting for me, excited. "I'm so happy for you," He whispered. I smiled and sat down as close to him as possible. We sat there for maybe another two hours waiting for the rest of us to finish. It was exhausting but my mood never altered. I was so happy. 

The ceremony was longer than I had in mind, and it made me a bit tired. I just wanted to go home and curl up next to the person who made me feel safe. I loved him so much, much more than I could've ever imagined. 

The pictures, the speeches, the throwing of caps all came to an end and it was now our time to go home. I gave my friends kisses on the cheek and wished them amazing lives in the future, not knowing if we'd talk much after these classes ended. 

Harry and I walked to his car, arms linked together. He walked me to my side, opening and closing the door for me, as usual. "I have a surprise for you at home," He said smiling when situated in his driver's seat.

Now, I was extremely excited. I attempted to get the surprise out of him nearly seven times before we'd made it back to our house, him not budging once, not even giving a hint. 

As we walked in, I kept nagging him about the surprise. "I won't tell you, Vi, I won't budge." Harry said sincerely before walking into the living room. I pouted before following suit into the living room. He was seated on the couch, and just to be stubborn, I went and sat down on the farthest armchair. 

"Wanna watch a  movie?" He asked me, trying to make me come over to him. I glared at him for a moment before saying no and getting up. 

"I'm going to grab some water, want any?" I asked. I heard a faint no as I walked into the kitchen towards the cabinets. Grabbing the cup, filling it with water, taking a few sips, all as I thought about what the surprise could be. A dress, a necklace, a ring, the ring? 

The water was gone now but I was now obviously hungry. On my way back into the living room, I made sure to grab a banana from the counter. "Come sit with me," Harry insisted when I walked into his view. 

I walked over to him and sat down on his knee. He was watching some movie about money heists. Trying to pay attention to the movie, I ate my banana. Harry was rubbing my shoulders, my legs, and my arms. It felt very nice after such a long day, in fact it was needed. I felt fatigued. Standing or sitting for hours of gowns was not for the weak.

"You should go change into something comfortable," Harry said, tapping my arms. Shocked, I looked down and realized I still had my gown on. It wasn't that uncomfortable, but a graduation gown didn't exactly scream I feel like myself. 

I decided to wear a t-shirt dress, it was navy blue, it reminded me of my mom's eyes. It was very pretty. I fixed my bangs, since taking the gown up ruffled them in an unflattering way, then walked downstairs. 

Harry was now up and meeting me at the end of the stairway. "You look beautiful." Harry murmured before kissing my cheek once, the my lips soft and sift. I felt flustered, perhaps smitten, but I didn't blush. 

"Thank you." I said before kissing his nose. He laughed a bit, he though it was hilarious when I kissed his nose. 

"It's time for your surprise," Harry said, nervously yet excitedly. I was now overjoyed, anxious, and excited!