𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒮𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓃- 𝒲𝒽𝑜𝑜𝓅𝓈

(Song: Chorus of Mind Over Matter - Young the Giant)

I took a seat on the stool for the drums, not playing them but admiring. I looked around at the guitars displayed. I walked over and picked up a dark brown wood acoustic. I trotted back towards the drum seat and sat, swinging the guitar strap over my head. I feel the strings of the guitar for a moment, thinking of something I could play. There was one song I played with the girls one time at practice. I took a deep breath and started strumming the guitar. God, it's just how I remember it sounded whenever we would play our songs and act like we were a famous band playing to a large crowd.

"And if the world don't break
I'll be shaking it
Cause I'm a young man after all, oooh ooh
And when the seasons change
Will you stand by me
Cuz I'm a young man built to- "

I stop when I hear the door close, I turn around fast to see James standing there with a face full of awe.

"Y-your good. Really good" He smiles rubbing the back of his neck

"Thanks" I laugh at his awkwardness. I walk back over the guitars putting it back on its original stand.

"Teach me" I turn around now facing James and eyebrow raised

"Teach me how to play some songs from your time. I can already play the drums. Just teach me. Come on it will be fun"

So, I did just that. James and I had spent a whole week after that just playing songs from 'my time' and jamming out. At times like lunch, we would sit in the garden in the backyard and just talk. At times I would tell him a thing about the future which would either amaze or disgust him.

We just finished a little band practice of him on the drums and me on the guitar and singing. During the chorus, he started singing as well and let me tell you, his voice is amazing. I was completely blown away. It's like our voices just fit like two missing puzzle pieces coming to together. Making our way downstairs for dinner we see Monty and Mia already seated at the table.

"Ah, afternoon munchkins. Come sit I have some stuff to speak about" Mia demanded sweetly. James and I gave each other a side look and made our way to our seats. A cool breeze rushed in from the window, covering me in goosebumps. It was quite glooming outside but what do you expect for England, half the time it's cold and rainy. Although I really do love the cold and rain it's good to have some sunshine once in a while.

I've been at the Potters House for about 2 and a half weeks. It's amazing here although whenever the three of them go out I'm stuck in the house. Alone.

"So, we had a talk with Dumbledore about your situation. He told us he will give you a chance in Hogwarts, although it's a test. See, if you're a muggle they cannot see Hogwarts nor enter the portal of Platform 9 and 3/4. So, we wanted to test if you could both walk through the barrier and see the castle" Monty informed me. Hogwarts. I've always wanted to there, it sounded like the best school to exist and that's saying something because school make me sick to my stomach. I turn towards James, that was seated in the seat next to me and his face was gleaming, nodding his head. Oh, the mischief we would bring.

Descending from the stairs wearing a large white button-up collared shirt, Pyjama shorts, knee-high white socks and my hair in a messy ponytail. Humming a song as I made my way down for breakfast.

I made my way into the kitchen to find it empty and a note folded on the table. I grab the letter and open it as it read

Morning troublemakers,

We have been called into work at the ministry, so we won't be home till dinner.

James, there is a bag of galleons in your father's satchel beside our bed. Could you please grab some groceries and clothes for you and don't worry about Belle, I rather do it because knowing you, you'll buy something terrible. Make sure she writes down what to get for the groceries I honestly trust that she is more responsible than you.

Belle, there is a cookbook that I've placed next to this note. I was wondering if you could bake some treats. Christmas is coming up soon and I would so enjoy having some bonding time with you. We could bake some things and play games or talk.

Anyway, I will see you both tonight.

Love, Mia & Monty

I smiled as I read the letter. I put the note back on the table and picked up the cookbook and skimmed through it. It was early, about 6:00 am, so James won't be up for a while. I grabbed the book, found a recipe for muffins and got to work.

~James POV~

I woke up this morning to the smell of bacon, so I immediately threw my glasses on and raced downstairs to find my parents gone and Arabella dancing in the kitchen to 'American Pie' that was blasting on the radio while cooking on the stove.

I smiled making my way over to her and placed my chin on top of her head, "guess who?" I asked with a smirk on my lips

"Ian Somerhalder from 'The Vampire Diaries'?"

"What?" 

"Never mind" she laughed softly and turned to face the table

"Mia and Monty are at work. They left a note over there and I'm making breakfast, it's nearly done so go sit down"

"Yes Ma'am!" I saluted and headed to read the note.

Once I read all of it, I placed it down and made a cranky face.

"What is wrong moody man" She sang clearly smiling as she made her way over to me with our breakfast and began eating.

"I can't believe it. 'Belle is more mature than you' what a load of rubbish!" I huffed as she just giggled.

"Well, while we're eating, I'll make a list of what to get for groceries. Do you have some pen and paper?" She asked as I raised an eyebrow. Pen?

"Oh, right you're a wizard. Um, do you have ink and parchment"

"Oh Yeah, I'll grab some hold on"

I came back to the kitchen with the parchment, quill, ink and the galleons that are placed in a satchel. We sat there and finished off our breakfast as she wrote down the groceries and I wrote and owl to the boys. "Alright, I'll be back in exactly an hour so don't do anything too crazy"

"Yes, James I know. See you later" she waved me off as she stood at the door.

"Oh, before I go can you maybe jot down some songs we can learn?" I asked, her smile growing larger.

"Of course, good sir, I shall do so," she said in a posh accent. I laughed and waved her off to meet the boys at Diagon Alley.

~Arabella's POV~

As soon as James left, I went straight back to the kitchen and began. Baking again. I decided to make some pizza rolls.

Once the rolls were in the oven I put on a timer and headed upstairs to write down a few songs I thought of. One I was really excited to teach James, is 'Sweater Weather' by the Neighbourhood. I ran to my room and grabbed my phone, perhaps I could play the music I had already downloaded onto my phone. To my luck, I could. I could play any song I had already downloaded, which is including Sweater Weather.

I took the pizza rolls out of the oven, throwing one into my mouth as I ran back to the music room. I plugged my phone into the speaker and got ready to play the song. I threw a guitar strap over my head and started strumming. I rolled up the sleeves of my large collared shirt.

I heard the front door open downstairs and James' laughter, yet I couldn't quite make out what he was laughing at exactly. I opened the door to the music room and started blasting 'Sweater Weather'.

I started walking, well dancing, down the stairs while playing the electric guitar to the tune of the song and singing.

"Arabella no!" James yelled but I didn't hear as I kept singing and shimmied my way to the dining room to be greeted by 3 boys all giving me blankly, confused looks.

"Shit, Belle"