𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝓉𝓌𝑒𝓁𝓋𝑒- 𝒫𝓇𝑒𝓉𝓏𝑒𝓁

It had been two days since Sirius kissed me. Two full days of him completely ignoring my presence. I argued with myself non-stop trying to think of what I had done wrong. Yeah, maybe we went a little far for a first kiss together but it's not like I had forced him to do it? Right?

In two more days, we leave for Hogwarts. The three boys had left for their own homes to pack and gather all their belongings, preparing for the year ahead. I say laying on my bed, re-reading my schoolbooks. For the 5th time. Euphemia had sat me down around lunchtime, she was oddly suspicious of the silence that echoed the house. James being James, filled that silence most of the time with his Quidditch talk or his lily-flower talk.

Two days later I found myself standing on the platform of 9 and ¾, staring awestruck at the long red and black train. This train looked nothing like the ones in my original year, which is understandable, a lot has changed from now to then. I held my trunk in one hand and my pet familiar in the other.

During our trip to Diagon alley, we had made our way inside a store full of animals from monkey to birds of all different kinds. But, as appealing as most of those animals were my eyes had made their way to the back of the store where a small, yet long white snake lied curled upon a branch inside a glass display. I spent the whole evening deciding on what I should name the elegant snake and had landed on the name 'Pretzel'.

So, as I stood holding my trunk with one hand and my other hand with pretzel wrapped around my lower arm, I waited for James to say his final goodbyes till the next break.

"are you sure you have everything? Your quidditch uniform? Your school ties? Oh, what about your spare glasses? You're really going to need them" Mia ranted on, while fixing James' collar, repetitively. James grasped his mother's wrist in his palms.

"Mother, I'll be fine. Yes, I have everything, and I only know that because Belle packed my bag with me" James reassured. I walked up beside him, the arm with Pretzel on it, closest to him. James nervously laughed, "As much as I enjoy your company belle, you better get that thing away from me!" He demanded stepping away slightly. Fleamont snorted at his son's behaviour, turning his head to the left at his wife who had the same look of disgust ridden on her face. "Like mother, like son" he smirked, Mia turned, smacked his shoulder and laughed awkwardly.

"Don't listen to him, he's speaking absolute bollocks. I absolutely adore your little Pretzel, he's so... majestic?" everyone broke into fits of laughter.

"I've already understood, just by your facial expressions that you dislike my little Pretzel here" I smiled, softly patting the white snake on his head with two of my fingers. I looked to James who stood a few steps away from me, eyeing the snake-like it was out to kill him. I smirked stepping closer towards the scared teenager.
"Hey, James, why don't you give Pretzel a little pat," I ask raising an eyebrow while my devilish smirk spread further.

"Belle..." James said with a warning tone, narrowing his eyes at me as I got closer. I moved closer to him then pounced, shoving Pretzel in his face. James panicked and hit my arm hard, making the white snake go flying. I gasp, "PRETZEL!" I yell, pulling the attention from many wizards and witches passing by. I shuffled my way past people, urgently trying to find my snake. When my eyes had stopped on it, I bent forward, reaching to pick him up when another hand scooped the delicate snake.

"Hey, that's my- Reggie?" I met the sliver eyes of Regulus Black that stood in front of me. He looked up, glaring into my eyes and smiled.

"I'm guessing this little one is yours. He is quite a beautiful snake" Regulus smiled, handing the snake back to me. I held out my arm and Pretzel slithered his way around my arm again, finding comfort in his original spot.

"Yeah, this is Pretzel. An odd name I know but I honestly couldn't think of any other name for him" I replied patting the scales of the snake.

"Nervous for your first day?"

"Very much so. Although, I'm oddly excited, mostly because of the houses. I don't really know which one I'll be in. Ravenclaw is for the smartasses and I'm not stable for that role, Hufflepuff is too... nice? I think, I'm not being house prejudice but isn't that what they're known for, so Maybe either Gryffindor or Slytherin. My friends are in Gryffindor, but you already know that because one of them is your brother and the other is James Potter and I'm pretty sure everyone knows him and they hope I'm in Gryffindor too but what if I'm not, will they hate me? They shouldn't hate me just because I got into Slytherin. You're in Slytherin and your nice and I'm rambling on again, I am so sorry"