if only you were mine ✦

stream gravity<3 ; word count 962

𝐢𝐦 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤<𝟑. 𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐜𝐤 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐯𝐨𝐬
 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐞𝐱𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐢𝐟 𝐮 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭 !

vinnie pov!

i've always had a crush on y/n. i mean look at her! she's absolutely gorgeous. anyways, i was currently hooked on this song, "myne." it went like, if only you were mine, if only you were mine. so, i thought of a tiktok. the song, "myne" would play, then i'd show pictures of y/n and i together. i guess it could be a way of me showing her that i miss her. bold vinnie, we love bold vinnie

we weren't distant and it's not like we didn't know, know each other. we used to be best friends in high school. then we graduated, she got a boyfriend, anddd eventually we drifted. like drifted. but, earlier this month, y/n's boyfriend broke up with her. i didn't really have that many details about it, but who cares? it's probably like she forgot about me at this point. 

i hope not.

i grab my phone on my nightstand and open tiktok. i click the little plus button and click the sound. i click the green screen effect and start the video, occasionally switching the pictures up. i finish up the video and caption it, @yourusername hey lol ???

y/n pov!

i was just scrolling on tiktok until i get a notification that i have been tagged in a tiktok with vinnie hacker.

vinniehacker has tagged you in a video!

(a/n sry i forgot how it's like since i deleted tiktok😭)

vinnie. i've always had a crush on him when we were juniors. the only reason why i got with justin to get over vinnie. i've always thought that he liked that emily bitch and i eventually got jealous like the typical y/n i am. 

i would never see vinnie and i being a couple. i mean, i still do like him, but what if we break up? that would be the second time we would drift apart. the only reason why justin wouldn't let me hang out with vinnie and talk to him was because he would think that i would cheat on him. insecure bitch. 

i rewatch the video, starting to tear up over a great friendship that i have lost over a stupid crush! i then click on my messages app and search for vinnie's contact. i look at our most recent text messages. dang, 2018. i miss this dude!! i send him a quick message.

davinky!!

me

hey!! i saw ur vid,
did you wanna meet up sometime for lunch?? :)

davinky!!

didn't think you would see that,
but sure! i'm free tomorrow and
we can get your fav, chickfila! 

me

can't believe you remembered :)

davinky!!

ofc! you would have it for lunch
like everyday

me

well duh! it's delicious.

davinky!!

whatever 🙄 anyways
tomorrow at 5 sounds good?

me

yeah, tmrw sounds good :)

see u then vinnie !

davinky!!

see u then y/n !

--

time skip to where they meet up

third person pov!

y/n walks into the restaurant, looking around to find vinnie. she then sees him in the back corner with a black t-shirt and ripped jeans. she runs over to the table as vinnie also recognizes her. 

"y/n!!" "vinnie!" the two best friends, who haven't seen each other in years, run to each other, hugging. they make a huge distraction in the restaurant, but the two don't even care. 

"is it just me? or did you just get taller?" y/n asks once they sit and settle down. "nah, you just got shorter." "you know what, i am gonna leave." y/n and vinnie chuckles. "i miss seeing you everyday y/n." "i do too. and trust me, i wasn't avoiding you, justin wouldn't just let me see you anymore." y/n adds in.

"trust me y/n, i understand." the two get their food and chat with one another, catching up on each others lives. after they finish eating, they decide to walk around the park. "i should take you to the new park. it's just down the street from my house. we could go there maybe if you want?" "that sounds great vinnie." feeling a smile form on y/n's face. 

as they walk around the park, vinnie's hands in his pockets and y/n's hand in her sweater, they talk some more. "so, what are you up to these days y/n?" vinnie asks to break the silence. "eh, nothing much. i've just been staying home ever since the break-up." "oh okay, how have you been lately?" the sweet boy asks. "i'm fine i guess. he was really toxic anyways, so the breakup wasn't really effective."

they keep talking until it starts to get dark and the sun slowly sets below the horizon. "it's getting dark, did you want me to drive you back to your place?" vinnie asks. "is it okay if we go to yours? my house is always so empty." "no problem." the two hold hands as they walk down the street to vinnie's house. 

they both walk upstairs, getting cleaned up from the long day. y/n changes into some of vinnie's clothes and plops down on to the bed. vinnie lays next to her, pulling her closer to him by her waist. 

"today was fun vin. i miss hanging out everyday like in high school." "i do to y/n." the two just lay in silence with the tv playing faint music in the background. the song "myne" comes on. y/n hums to the song, grabbing vinnie's attention.

"catchy right?" "very." y/n adds. vinnie kisses y/n's forehead as he starts hearing soft snores. "i love you y/n." "love you too vin."

••••naty's thoughts*

more text less dialogue type beat

but hey guys 🤌🏽