why do you always leave? 1 ✦

keep in mind, vinnie and y/n both currently live in seattle and still go to school. they are seniors

:)

y/n pov

it was an ordinary friday. although, my boyfriend , vinnie, was acting a bit weird all day. vinnie and i were both in our 5th period, one out of the three classes we were in together. we both sat next to each other, as the teacher knew we were dating. we've been dating ever since sophomore year, i'd like to say that we were probably  the best couple in the school, not to get to cocky. 

"y/n!" the teacher snapped, "stop zoning out or i will have to keep you after class."

i get shaken up a bit, continuing to realize i haven't been paying attention all along.

"yes, ms. smith."

"everything okay love?"

"yeah, i'm fine vinnie."

we both go through our class, until the bell rings. 

"okay class! have a great weekend! make sure to go to 6th period everyone," the teacher announces after the bell rings.

vinnie and i walk out of the class, hand in hand. i start to walk towards our next class but vinnie jerks me back.

"wtf vinnie, we have to get to class."

"class can wait, i have something to say."

"yes...?" i say, noticing that his hands are starting to shake and he starts to get sweaty.
"vinnie, is everything okay?" i ask him holding his hand, so it could reduce the shaking.

"i never wanted to tell you this, but i'm moving to la, starting this sunday." i hear, seeing a tear fall from his face. 

"i'm sorry, what?"

"y/n! vincent! why aren't you guys in class?"

"sorry sir, we'll get there now." i say, so we don't get in trouble. i walk in front of vinnie, going a bit fast, just so i don't have to talk to him. was he really just gonna move, without telling me ahead of time..? did he still even love me?

"y/n please, just let me explain." he says, trying to spark a conversation while walking to class.

"you have time to explain later." saying, once we walk into class, with tears staining my face. 

"sorry i'm late, ms. johnson. something popped up."

"no worries y/n and vincent! is everything okay?"

"yup," i hear vinnie answer.

i sit next to my friend, annalise. (read my moving in book 😏 )

"what happened, y/n?"

"i'll call you after school, turns out vinnie is moving to la this weekend."

"shit, r u for real?"

"mhm." i respond.

i can feel vinnie watching me, but i just ignore it.

time skip to the end of class

y/n pov

"y/n please, let me explain." i hear vinnie say behind me. i was already walking towards the school doors, ready to drive home.

"what do you have to explain vinnie?! why don't you explain to the whole school why you decided to move to la, throwing away your 3+ years relationship with me!?" 

"ooo, ouch." i hear some people in the crowd say.

"y/n can we please talk in private?"

"no, vinnie. i'm gonna stay here, and i'm gonna let you explain. talking in private isn't the choice." i say back, tears falling from my eyes.

"y/n, i'm truly sorry i di-"

"vinnie, listen hear, if you were truly sorry, then tell me why you would leave your girlfriend of 3 years? 3 years vinnie!" i yell. at this point people surrounding us were recording, whispering to each other.

it sits in silence, as vinnie looks down.

"that explains it, you really don't care about our relationship vinnie, you don't!"

i start to walk out the front doors, as everyone makes their way home. 

"my door will be open so you can pick up your shit!" i yell to him.

i start to drive home with tears streaming down my face.

i go inside my home, only to see my mom and dad talking on the dining table.

"oh no, sweetie! what happened." my mom asks to bring me into a hug.

"vinnie's moving.."

"where?" i hear my dad ask.

"los angeles.he just told me today and he's leaving sunday."

"i'm so sorry y/n." my mom says.

"we both know he was really important to you, is there anything we can do?" my dad asks.

"no it's okay, i'll just be up in my room."

"okay, your mom and i will be out for a work dinner. call us if you need anything, okay?"

"okay, thank you again."

"of course, anything for my babygirl." mom says as she hugs me and kisses my head.

"bye mom and dad."

i run up to my room, grabbing a box on the way up. i start to put all of vinnie's clothes in the box, labeling it "vinnie"

i look through all our stuff, pictures, polaroids, gifts, everything. i start to tear up knowing he was leaving. vinnie made me so happy throughout our 3 years. i put everything in the box, putting it near our front door. 

vinnie pov

i was on the way to y/n's house. i loved y/n, she really made me happy. i didn't know exactly why i decided to move and tell her last minute, but i was really going to miss her. 

third person pov

when vinnie got to y/n's house, he knocked on her door, already knowing it was unlocked. 

"come in." y/n says.

"hey y/n."

"your shit is right in front of you. you can leave now." she says with her eyes glued on her phone.

"whats your problem y/n?" vinnie snaps back.

y/n stands up, "what's my problem? what's yours vinnie?! you're literally just gonna leave me and everything else just over your tiktok career!? i want the best for you vinnie, but you didn't have to tell me so last minute and without a notice."

"y/n, believe me, i wanted to tell you sooner, but i couldn't."

"and why couldn't you vincent?" 

it stays silent for a bit, vinnie trying to look for an answer.

"just leave vinnie, go focus on some app, because apparently that's more important than our relationship."

"bye y/n."

"whatever."

vinnie headed out the door, tears down both y/n's and vinnie's face. y/n locks the door behind vinnie, collapsing on the floor, with he back against the door.

"i cannot believe this." y/n says, sobbing.

a/n:

bruh i'm kinda into this story so lmk if yall want a part 2 or you want a separate book for this, although it would be a bit short :) 

1024 words.