20 : Osial

Let's get back to the main story now<3 oh and do y'all have any questions u wanna ask me ? I'm kinda down to do a QnA lol^^

Y/N'S POV

I wake up, my face unusually hot... I'm sure I had a dream last night but I don't remember what it was... oh well, time to get on with my day !

I realized Xiao was still next to me, sleeping, so I left bed as quietly as possible and left to buy a few essentials with the money Xingqiu gave me. By the time I finished it was the middle of day when I hear people mention the Rite of Descension taking place today.

They said it was gonna take place in the afternoon, at Yujing Terrace. I am quite interested to see what Rex Lapis looks like so I guess I'll go take a look at what's going on.

But first, I need to take these groceries home. Maybe I should even invite Xiao so he can see Rex Lapis again.

I make my way back to our house, skillfully ignoring the crowds of people going against me to Yujing Terrace.

I get inside our home to find Xiao pacing, I lay down the things I bought on the table and ask him what's wrong.

"What Madame Ping said the other day... it's got me worried. The Rite of Descension is happening today and she says Rex Lapis might try to pull a stunt... if that happens..."

"Wanna go there so you can make sure nothing happens ?"

"It's dangerous but...... I think It's the right thing to do."

"Then let's go !"

Me and Xiao quickly run out of the house, hastily trying to get up to Yujing Terrace for the Rite of Descension.

We make it there just in time. The Liyue Qixing are all gathered here, and the Tianquan of the Liyue Qixing is just about to start the ceremony.

The terrace goes quiet, and the tall woman with gold clothing starts the Rite of Descension. Everyone lies in wait, excited to see the appearance of their god once more.

The clouds part and a dark cloud from in the sky.

"He's coming !"

I look over at Xiao excited but he seems... scared ? He's looking up at the sky with a fearful look in his eyes.

And at that moment I understood why.

A massive dragon suddenly fell from where the clouds parted. Is... is Rex Lapis—

"Rex Lapis has been assassinated. All Millelith guard the exits and start investigating the people here !"

The Tianquan shouts out. Suddenly guards appear from nowhere blocking the exits, keeping all of us trapped in here.

"Xiao—?"

The look on his face was pure anger, if looks could kill we'd all be dead right now... okay it might be a bad time to say this but Xiao looks... kinda hot when he's mad.

Suddenly Xiao clenches his fist and moves forward, I try to stop him but his hands avoid my grip. He's already put on his mask and I don't want him to cause a scene... what should I—

"Xiao.. do not fight."

Xiao turns around to see the old lady from a few days ago.

"But... that's all I've ever known to do... and these people... they... they probably are the ones behind this all—"

"Do you really think these mortals are capable of killing an archon ? And of all people, why would the Qixing assassin ate their own god ? You're not thinking clearly Xiao. Y/N slap some sense into this foolish boy."

Xiao looks down and clenches his fist, I try to move closer to him to try and console him but the aura he's emanating is suffocating.

"Xiao... please it's gonna be fine this is probably a fake, I mean how could a human kill an archon ?"

"... I don't know who did this, but whoever did, will pay with their life."

Xiao picks me up and flashes away with me in his hands. His eyes... are so scary right now.

He dashes back to our house and leads me inside.

"Stay here, I must go inform the other adpeti."

"Xiao. Before you leave... just promise me you won't harm anyone in Liyue ? I'm sure they aren't behind this and even so... please don't let you anger consume you. I heard from Cloud Retainer how all the other Yakshas passed away and I don't want you to go down the same path..."

"I won't Y/N, don't worry... I'll... try to convince the others to not do anything bad to Liyue either, okay ?"

"Sounds good to me, Xiao."

Xiao stops right before he's out the door to say.

"I love you."

He closes the door and immediately dashes off in the direction of Jueyun Karst.

"I love you too... please... please be safe."

I stand still for a few moments, stricken with fear and worry about what could happen to my lover.

Right when things were finally going my way... why did this have to happen ?

Just please Xiao... come back. I'm... I'm scared—

Suddenly I hear a loud boom come from outside.

I run out our house and look into the sea to find something emerging from Guyun Stone Forest. Blue tentacles are coming out of the ocean and the Millelith are shouting, telling everyone to evacuate.

Xiao's very fast so he should have been able to notify the other adepti by now right ? If so then where would they stay... where would be to most optimal place to attack a monster who's raising the sea level safely...

I look around searching for places where they could fight and I see a floating island near the Yuehai Pavillion and I try running to it but Xiao is already here to come pick me up.

"Let me take you to somewhere safe—"

"No. Let me fight with you !"

🤺

do y'all think the story is progressing too fast or is it going at an okay pace—