29 : Deserving

Y/N'S POV

Last night was amazing, we had a lovely meal with Qiqi, she's surprisingly very fun to talk to once you get past her monotone voice. My only problem was that Xiao purposely paid more attention to Qiqi to make me jealous after I left him alone with no keys to the house.

I know it's wrong that I'm jealous of a child but Xiao didn't even face me when we went to sleep last night ! How petty...

Today didn't start off on a good note though. I woke up to the sounds of Xiao and Baizhu arguing since Baizhu was knocking on everyones doors trying to find her.

Xiao doesn't work well under pressure so instead of telling Baizhu Qiqi stayed with us willingly, Xiao threatened Baizhu instead...

I had to swoop in just in time to tell Baizhu what happened last night, after that he left in a hurry with Qiqi and asked us to go to Bubu Pharmacy after lunch.

Oh Barbatos help me...

"Alright, Xiao, what should we say to Baizhu ?"

"I don't think we need to say anything. Let my spear do the talking so we can take back Qiqi."

"Alright it was dumb of me to ask you. I'll handle the talking and if need be, I'll tell you when you should start waving your spear around threateningly."

Xiao looks and is acting awfully gung-ho about this... I guess he really likes Qiqi...

As the day goes by and we finish eating lunch, we start mentally preparing ourselves for what could happen... I don't want to make a scene but I'm on good terms with Keqing.... I think ? If we are I hope she can bail us out of jail...

The clock hits 1:00 o'clock and we both casually step out the door and make our way to Bubu Pharmacy.

The place looks closed but we decided to knock on the door anyways, to which, Baizhu opened the door and let us in to the dim room with two chairs laced in the center.

"Please, sit down."

His voice sounds cheery as ever but his face tells a different story.

"What were you doing with Qiqi las night ?"

Very straightforward... I like it.

"We were—" I'm suddenly cut off by Xiao

"We were simply having dinner with her. Y/N found Qiqi at the foot of a mountain. As her caretaker shouldn't it have been you to go looking for her ? For that very reason, Y/N decided it'd be best to bring her back home to our house where we ca properly take care of a child. Unlike you with you're ulterior motives..."

"There must be a misunderstanding here— sure I may have sent.... Y/N ! Forgot your name for a second there.. but anyways, I may have sent Y/N to go fetch Qiqi instead of me but only because whenever I try to reset her orders it never works fully !"

"And ? That's even more evidence to show that you don't care about her. I know how resetting her orders work. And if you say the words 'I love you the most' with even a tiny hint of dishonesty in those words then it won't reset her orders."

"Wait you have to say 'I love you the most' too ? As soon as I hugged her she seemed fine..."

"Really ? Then that just proves that we are already a million times more qualified to take care of Qiqi. I'll file the paperwork to officially adopt her later tonight. Thank you for this conversation Baizhu."

Xiao abruptly stood up and exited the room, I followed after and was surprised to not hear Baizhu say a word after Xiao's speech...

"This probably isn't the time but I just thought you should know that the way you talked to Baizhu back there was hot."

".... Please Y/N... save it for when we get home."

Xiao shoots me a wink. What a suave man... he seems to be rather happy as well. Hopefully we'll get Qiqi to live with us... if we aren't able to who knows what Xiao might do...

I walk towards our house and along the way I feel a hand tug on my shirt.

"Can Qiqi stay at your house again tonight ?"

"Oh ! Qiqi, sure come on let's go !"

We make it back to our house and as we make it through the door, Xiao's eyes light up.

"She saw me when I was walking back to the house and wanted to stay here again."

"Aww you poor thing... has Baizhu been mistreating you ?"

"Qiqi likes the food here. Tastier than what Baizhu makes. And the bed is comfier."

Xiao is basically tearing up at how cute Qiqi is... I wonder if it's okay that she's staying here for another night...

"Hey Y/N, remember last night how I was mad at you and purposely paid more attention to make you jealous ?"

"Oh so you want to apologize ? It's fine I'm over it—"

"No. I don't feel sorry. You made me wait outside in the sun for several hours. It was torture."

"...I.... I love you ?"

"I love you too. But this won't distract me from the fact that you made me suffer for hours. Anyways let's work hard to officially adopt Qiqi okay ? Ok. Goodnight. Love you."

Xiao walks into his room and falls on to our bed face first. I guess confrontation really makes Xiao tired. I knew he was an introvert but I didn't know it was this bad.

... Oh well, hopefully all goes well tomorrow. Qiqi, you're as good as ours !

🤩