34 : Back in my Arms

aha ! I didn't wait a whole month to update like last time !!

Xiao's POV

It was a bright summer afternoon. I was outside the house watering the plants. Lately this has been a very therapeutic pastime to cope with not being able to see Y/N for a few months.

I feel calm.

When suddenly someone covers my eyes from behind me and I hear a familiar voice.

"Guess who~?"

I gently separate their hands on my face and turn around to see Y/N standing next to Beidou.

My heart suddenly bursts with happiness and I wrap my arms around their neck tightly. Nearly choking them to death. When I finally let go I move in to leave a kiss on their cheek but I am stopped by a hand.

Y/N was blocking my lips from reaching their face and I turn my head in confusion.

"Sorry Xiao but I'm in a relationship with Beidou now..."

I feel my eyes fill up with tears.

And then I wake up.

What a horrible nightmare... Y/N would never do that to me... right ? I feel a bit lightheaded from my irregular breathing but brush it off.

I stand up to have a glass of water in the middle of the night before I go back to bed. Pleasant dreams this time please...

The dream Xiao had after falling back asleep will not be narrated because. I'll let you imagine why.

I wake up feeling exhausted. Last nights dreams were surely... interesting, let's say that. But in other news, Y/N will be back any day now ! It's almost been three months since they left and I'm getting antsy thinking about their return.

I get up from the comfort of my bed and whip up a quick breakfast for Qiqi. We finish eating and just lounge around since it's the weekend. I look at the time and see it's time for me to water my plants.

It's a bright summer afternoon. I'm outside the house watering the plants. Lately this has been a very therapeutic pastime to cope with not being able to see Y/N for a few months.

I feel calm.

When suddenly someone covers my eyes from behind me and I hear a familiar voice.

"Guess who~!"

Suddenly I feel a tingling feeling of deja vu hit me. I remember my dream from last night and fear the worse. So I sort of harshly pulled away from the 'mystery' person hands. I turn around to see Y/N as expected.

Beidou isn't standing next to them though...

Great ! Just to be sure though, I looked around to see if she was anywhere near. Y/N stares at me bewildered as I let out a sigh of relief and smile at them. I pull them in for a hug and they wrap their arms around me.

"It's good to be back."

"I missed you. A lot."

"Me too."

I pull away and gesture for us to go inside.

When we step into the door, Y/N sets down their bag and as they were about to run and hug Qiqi, we both noticed she was reading a piece of paper from a box full of notes.

It took a second for me to notice but it was the box filled with Y/N's notes.

The explicit ones.

I quickly rush over to Qiqi and snatch the note she was reading along with the box.

"Where did you get this ?" I asked in a hushed tone so she doesn't get scared or startled.

"Qiqi was bored in her room so Qiqi went looking for you in your room. I tried looking for you under your bed but only found that box so I looked to see what was inside."

"... Did you read what was inside ?"

Suddenly Y/N burst out into laughter saying something about how funny my face looked when Qiqi found those notes but I was too flustered to really pay attention.

Qiqi on the other hand just now realized Y/N was here and ran to them immediately to give them a hug.

Y/N kneels down to Qiqi's level and pats her head.

"You and Xiao are weird."

"W-what ?"

"... She must've read the notes."

Y/N leans over Qiqi so she couldn't hear what they were whispering to me. They mouthed the words "What notes did she read ?"

I looked away and covered my mouth. I'm sure my face was as red as a tomato. But eventually when the embarrassment subsided I looked at Y/N and gestured.

👉🏻👌🏻

Y/N immediately bowed their head down from embarrassment and held Qiqi firmly by the shoulders.

"We need to have a talk over dinner..."

This time it was me laughing.

———

The rest of the day goes by normally. Y/N tells Qiqi to never look through peoples stuff without their permission. Y/N was pretty serious ( also just pretty in general ) but I found the whole exchange to be humorous so I was just snickering after every sentence Y/N said.

I missed this warm feeling. Perhaps all those years of shouldering the karmic debt of the people of Liyue were all worth it just so I could witness this beautiful sight.

"Don't leave me for 3 months like that again."

"I won't I won't. Anyways I'm tired. I'll be going to bed early tonight. Goodnight."

🌤

!!! I've never been happier to lose 50/50 since now I'm guaranteed for yoimiyaaaaaaaa !!! yoimiya wanters who aren't guaranteed stay strong...