28 : Whatever it Takes

Y'ALL IM SO SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING MY PHONE BROKE AND JUST GOT IT BACK FROM THE FIXING SHOPE AKDMSKDKSF

Y/N'S POV

"Zombie... child ? Doesn't ring a bell... well actually, we did revive a child one time... is taht what you mean ?"

"It would probably be easier to just show you the kid."

I grab Xiao's arm and tag him to Bubu Pharmacy to see Qiqi standing at the front desk. I drag Xiao over and make him look over the desk so he can see the child.

"Hmm... it's been a while since we revived that kid so I'm not exactly sure if that's the one but she definitely looks familiar..."

"Qiqi ! Do you remember this man ?"

"... I don't know."

"You've gotta remember something.... right ?" I look over at Xiao.

"Zombies actually have a very bad memory so I'm not surprised she can't remember... but the fact that she doesn't remember is enough proof for me to say she's the one."

"Hm... I see, could you tell me more about her ?"

"Sure but not here... let's go back to our house."

"A-alright."

Right before we leave out the door of the pharmacy I hear Qiqi speak.

"Will you come back again to spend time with Qiqi ?"

I turn around to see Qiqi staring blankly at me from behind the counter. I walk over to her and promise to meet again soon.

For some reason... I felt some sadness behind her words despite her having a rather emotionless expression.

We make it back to the house and quickly run inside. Xiao explains to me what happened to Qiqi and my heart breaks a little with every detail he adds... such a young child going through such a terrible fate....

"Do you know anything about her caretaker, Baizhu ?"

"No, but I get a weird feeling from him. Like he has some ulterior motives to taking care of Qiqi..."

"He definitely has a sinister vibe... like, who has a talking snake as a pet and is also a good person ?"

"That's a bit judgmental but to be honest, I think you're right. I've never met someone with a talking snake as a pet and had pure intentions..."

"This may sound crazy but... what if we adopt Qiqi ?"

I sort of looked down before saying that, scared of how Xiao would react to me a wanting to adopt a kid. Before I even looked up I felt the air in the room change... it was intense.

I looked up to see stars in Xiao's eyes. He grabbed my shoulders and nodded his head vigorously. I was scared his head would fall off to be honest.

This wasn't the reaction I was expecting but it's certainly the one I wanted so I am pleasantly surprised.

"The only thing is, how will we get Baizhu to let us take Qiqi with us..."

"Kidnap her."

"That's illegal !"

"Threaten him ?"

"Also illegal..."

"Blackmail him ?"

"That's also illegal..."

"Murder hi—"

"What if we just talk to him about it when he's free..."